bedridden with fatique

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowee, Apr 9, 2006.

1. meowee

meowee New Member

I have had a bad FM flare and I also have CFS. I have been so exhausted that it is almost to the point I am scared. I have never slept this much in my life. I have been sleeping for 17 hour stretches. When I do get up , I am listless, in pain and try to get some laundry done and a meal prepared.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you so much and please be well.
  2. JoaneWing

JoaneWing New Member

YES---I understand completely. I am so depressed about my lack of energy. Unless you have this problem, your "normal" friends do not understand. It WILL pass and just get your rest and try not to worry. I am very sorry you are feeling so badly. Take care. Joan
  3. meowee

meowee New Member

I guess it always makes you feel better to know you aren't alone.

I appreciate your response and kindness.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am sorry you are in such a bad flare.

As well as the fatigue, if you are on meds they can also make you very tired as well.

As I am coming out of the latest flare I can tell you it is almost equsal relief to get a little energy back as well as lowered pain. People tend not to understand how debilitating fatigue feels.

Love Anne C
  5. meowee

meowee New Member

It is so hard to describe that fatigue. I was always a person who never required a lot of sleep, now I can't seem to get enough, and what I do get doesn't refresh me at all.

Good luck to you. We all care.xoxooxox
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have had that horrible fatigue for the last few days, I have to 'talk myself' into just getting up to take care of my dogs right now.

I am soooooo tired, yet sleeping does nothing for me, no matter how long I sleep or lay down I am still totally exausted.

I have forced myself to get on the computer today, simply to get out of the bed at least for a little while. I saw your post, and just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

My brain is racing and my body is aching from just feeling tired.

Yes, this time I also feel scared about this terrible feeling. My FM pain is not bothering me right now, its just this fatigue I can't shake.

I sure hope we all feel better soon, take care of yourself.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. jole

jole Member

I have been in a really bad flare - and continuing to work, and believe me, I cry a lot because the fatigue is soo bad I fall asleep at the drop of a pin. Between the fatigue and the pain, even my Lexapro 20 mg isn't keeping up with the depression.

I come home from work, go to bed, and don't get back up for 12-13 hours. Then it's back to work. some days I can't even make it to the shower. I fall back in bed, and call in to work sick. I wonder how long I can keep this up without quitting my job or getting fired.

This is not living, and that't the scariest thing about it.

Whatever it is causing it to be so bad for us, I too wish would go away!!

Friends - Jole
  8. meowee

meowee New Member

I appreciate your replies. I am also on Lexapro 20mg. I was on 10 but he upped it last visit. I still have days I feel really depressed. This whole illness is such a mystery.

Take care and know you are not alone. xoxo