Beds, Bedding, and Toppers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stick2013, Jun 15, 2013.

1. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Like many here, sleep is an issue for those of us with a fibro and most likely those with CFS too. In the past maybe 15 yrs, I have tried many different mattresses for sleep. What I now have is the Sleep Number Bed. Not the real expensive model, most likely it's the cheapest one, but it was still expensive to me.

I love it, because I can adjust the softness/firmness to how I feel, and how my body feels. I also have 2 toppers on it. One is a memory foam 1 inch thick, and the other is a 2 inch gel foam topper. I like them, but I'm not in love with them.

I was wondering if anyone has a temperpedic bed or topper, and if they do how do you like it. I am considering getting a temperpedic topper, but am up for any advice or opinion on any other possibility for some kind of a topper for my bed. I'm just not 100% comfy, in need to get into bed and feel like I am sinking into and being wrapped up into my bed. I know it sounds really weird.

Any advice?
  2. Willow77

Willow77 Member

I have a select comfort airbed from before they started using sleep numbers. I have a foam/memory foam topper that I put on top of the air mattress. It is egg crate foam on one side and memory foam on the other. It is the most comfortable bed I have ever had. I like the combination of both the memory foam and air.

There are still times when even this doesn't make me comfortable but most of the time it works for me.

Several years ago I had a wool topper and it made me itchy and sweaty I don't recommend that one but the memory foam one, I found to be quite comfortable. I tried it first on the egg crate side as my husband didn't want to try the memory foam but it still seemed too hard so after a few weeks I turned it over to the soft side. I don't think my husband noticed any difference but my achy muscles can sure tell.
  3. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Hi willow, thanks for the response. I do have 2 foam toppers on my bed. 1 is a memory foam, and one is a gel foam. I like them, but still I don't feel 100% comfortable. So I am still looking for other options/ suggestions.
  4. Perriwinkle

Perriwinkle Member

my "bed recipe" is an old 6 " dense foam Sealy bed with a memory foam egg carton topper...heaven... firm and soft at the same time....if I am in a flare, I will add a doubled up plush comforter for softness...

Jeanette
  5. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Thanks everyone for the input. I think that maybe it's the fibro and arthritis that have gotten worse, and I just need to learn to deal with the uncomfortableness.

Getting old isn't for sissies..