beds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Reesespieces, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Reesespieces

Reesespieces New Member

Getting ready to buy a new bed. Any suggestions. Does anyone have feed back on Sleep Number bed or Tempurpedic?
  2. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I am sooooo excited. I just received our king size tempurpedic mattress TODAY!!!! It was alot of money but if it helps my horrendous nights I will be thrilled. I had a very firm mattress and it wasnt that old but after this dd I cant even turn over in bed altho I sure have my own padding.

I will let you know how I like it...90 day guarantee and I am not afraid to use it!!!

Lindsey

p.s. my brother in law who has alot of problems himself was able to use our old mattress which made me feel better about replacing a decent mattress.
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'd get the sleep # bed so you don't have to turn it and can change the softness or firmness when ever you wish.
    Dee50
  4. lin-z

lin-z New Member

Well what an improvement..I woke up at night only because I had to go to the bathroom and woke up this a.m. with way less pain in my back. I would wake up with my entire back muscles in spasm and it didnt happen this a.m.

I still have alot of leg pain and shoulder pain but I def think the new mattress is going to help alot. YAY

ps. my husband loved it too
  5. maris

maris New Member

I had the sleep number bed and hated it. It sounded like a great idea, adjustable and all, I even got the top of the line model.
    I had it installed and was amased at how cheaply it was put together.
    The base of it is plastic with two air bags inserts that sit on top of that, next foam rubber inserts are added to keep the air mattresses in place, then it is encased in material that zips with a nice looking mattress topper.

I realy was hoping that I would like it but I couldn't sleep for more than three hours at a time on it.
    They have a 30 day trial but the delivary charge is $150.
    and removal charge is $200.

So it cost me $350. to try the bed and I also noticed a strong smell of plastic that never really went away the whole time we had it.

So that is my experience with the sleep number bed. I know that many people just love it, unfortunantely it didn't work out for me.
  6. larson4236

larson4236 New Member

That bed was the WORST bed we ever bought.I had my side on 35 and I would fall out of bed.Iwould be in so much pain I needed help getting out of bed.We are thinking of the Temperpedic but we really got burned with this one.I have severe Fibro and am now sleeping on the couch. KIM L.
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

WE FIND THAT TWIN BEDS(ours happen to be Sealy) TIED TOGETHER WORK THE BEST. tHIS WAY WHEN HEAVIER DH ROLLS I DON'T. I HAVE memory foam 2inch pad on top with imitation feather bed on top of that with mattress pad. This cost not too much and seems to work well as I can have the firmer mattress this way yet the toppers make it soft on the aches while still be supporting. KIng bedding fits over all.
    Crom
  8. jen_SF

jen_SF New Member

Hi everyone,
    I bought a memory foam matress about 1 year ago now, and absolutly LOVE it! It has saved my back. I used to dread going to bed at night because of how much pain I would have laying there. Instead, now, I just melt into it, and can fall asleep much more comfortably. I didn't end up buying the Tempurpedic, but got an "off-brand" instead. I saved so much $$$, and I am very pleased.
    Make sure you buy one that does have some coils way down in the bottom of it where you won't feel it. I did some research, and found that the matresses that have only memory foam will start to sag after just a few years.
    I hope this is helpful! Have a pain FREE day everyone!
    Jen_sf
  9. darude

darude New Member

I have a waterbed waveless and heat control. I love it cannot sleep on anything else.
  10. KacG

KacG New Member

I was thinking a # bed would be the solution to all my problems so I'm glad you shared this information. I've been burned on so many things (Good Feet is one) We paid over $900 for a memory foam mattress (don't remember if it was Temperpedic) and it is too firm for me. My husband loves it. I put an egg crate mattress on top of it. That helps a little.
  11. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I love it. I sleep better on that bed that any I've had. I tried laying on a basic Temperpedic and and it was way to hard, but I know they have different versions.

GBHope