BEE-STING THERAPY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kay2, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

WAS wondering if anyone is still doing this? Haven't heard anyhing for along time. Was curios as to what kind of bees you use and can you get them all year round? Thanks, Linda
  2. lissamaye

lissamaye New Member

Linda,

I've had bee venom injections before through my MD. The venom is extracted from the bees and injected in 1cc bubbles under the skin. One injection is the equivalent of 6 stings. You can also go to a bee-keeper and get bees that way, but it will not be as potent and then you have to worry about taking care of the bees till you make them sting you!

I live pretty far from my doctor so he was going to send me the vials to inject myself, it's $$ though. Also, if you have any kind of sensitivities/allergies you might want to be careful. I'm not allergic to bees perse, but after my initial injections I was a mess.

I have adrenal problems and had terribly huge welts for 2+weeks and had an emotional freak out the day after the injections. I got stuck in traffic and couldn't stop crying for over 2 hours. So just make sure you aren't dealing with a lot of other health problems first...It's a great therapy for lymes(which I have) and fm/arthritis type stuff. I plan on trying it again once some of my other health problems have improved.

Hope that helped, sorry for the novella.
    ~Melissa
    [This Message was Edited on 01/05/2003]