Been advised to have Lignocaine Infusion's

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by juliejo, Nov 2, 2006.

1. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Hi everyone.

I have just been looking back on some earlier posting's and found one from Honey2 back in 2003 who was going to have lignocaine infusions.

Well my Rheumy had referred me on for these to another hospital in the UK as we have exhausted all pain meds and treatment's over the year's.

I have been told you are hooked up to a drip for 6 day's and also a heart monitor which sound's a bit scarey!!!!!!!!!.
    He told me all my nerve ending's are in a major flare and have to do something to calm them down and this could help.

Thing is is sound's rather drastic and was wondering if anyone else has had these infusion's and they helped?

He also mentioned the use of magnetic therapy on all the 18 tender point's too. I shall be looking in to that.

Hope you are all keeping relatively well and have a good weekend.

Take care.
    Julie jo.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

juliejo:

I have never heard of these treatments but it sounds like your doctor is willing to go to extra effort to make you feel better. That is good to know.

I am going to look up 'magnetic therapy' also. It sounds like a real alternative to usual treatment.

Good luck with it.

nyrofan
  3. cma331

cma331 New Member

Read the post about someone researching magnetic therapy.

I have used magnets on my body for a long time now.

Yes; it def helps me. It is not a cure all; but gives me relief.

Esp the wraps i use around my knees; for pain reduction and support.

I also use one made for the lower back.

And the best is a full chair pad .where i spend most of my time. My back can feel like it is breaking in two; and after an hour on the pad...I am up and around again;
    As much as I can be up and around with the CFS/FM.

I have tried many companies over the years, and the best by far is NIKKEN.

Good luck.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/03/2006]
  4. deliarose

deliarose New Member

but my doc was aghast when he heard that one of his patients was going for lidocaine infustions.

He thought about reporting the doc offering the treatment to the medical oversight authorities. (this is in the US.)

I'm not sure if it's the same treatment .. but for what it's worth.

Hope u get some other replies.
    delia
  5. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Thank's for the replies above. It is most appreciated.

I am having second thought's too re-Lignocaine injection's.

I am however going to ask about the Magnetic Therapy as this seem's a more natural method and not so drastic as the infusion's.
    I am from the UK by the way.

Thank's again.
    Julie jo.