Been away from the board, but I'm baaaccckkk..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by northwoodssue, Apr 15, 2003.

1. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi Everyone:
    Spring has finally arrived in the northwoods after a long, long winter.
    I have a weird new symptom that I was wondering if anyone else has???
    I went outside yesterday, nice sunny day in the 70's, and after 10 minutes in the sun, I had a beet red rash which was itchy and stung and hurt like ...... on my neck, wrists, and tops of feet. It was totally weird and I've never had anything like that. I wasn't in the sun long enough to get sunburn. It's still there today, but less noticable.
    I called my doc and am awaiting a call back from him about this new symptom. I started a new med 3 weeks ago called skelaxin, sposed to be a new type of muscle relaxer and to help with pain. Hasn't worked yet for the pain or relaxing...
    I have fms, but the docs thought I might have lupus too, but it was ruled out several years ago.
    Any ideas would be helpful. This is so strange. And I want to finally spend some time outside...........
    thanks a bunch -
    sue
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Of course, it could have been something else in the environment, but many of us develop an allergic reaction to the sun.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Welcome back! Denice is right, there are many drugs that will cause serious problems with the sun.

You might want to call your pharmacist and ask him if what you are taking could be causing your problem.

Take care!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Thanks everyone. I must admit I never read the drug interactions on the prescription meds. I take zoloft too and never knew that about it.
    Guess what. My doc called back and said he reviewed all my meds and none of them would cause that. He referred me to my family doc. He is the rheumy I've had difficulty with before. I thought I'd give him one more try, but he still doesn't listen. I can actually see him tune me out if it's something he doesn't want to do. So, guess what??? I'll never "bother him " with this again. I'll find a new one even if I have to drive for 3-5 hours one way, which I will.
    So, you guys were on top of it again and I will watch it in the sun while on zoloft.
    thanks again.
    sue
  5. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

just wanted to bump it so you guys could see my response and thanks.
    sue

[ advertisement ]