Been gone a LONG time! Where I've been and why...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nice2meetu, Aug 17, 2005.

1. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

I have been gone for a long time! I have taken time away from posting and have been finding my self...lol!
    I started a very limited sugar diet and have been really working at improving my diet. The foods that i am incorporating in are veggies, fruits, and whole grains in limited portions. I have been learning to relax, take time for myself. My fibro was killing me. I was stressed out and there was a vicious circle of stress & fibro flares. Its been doing very well but today my pain is horrific. Oh well. It will get better. I hope everyone is well. Or at least at minimal pain. Take care!
  2. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Glad to see you back. Healthier eating seems to work for most. I know when I am making better choices I feel much better.

Take care.

phyliss
  3. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

Yes. I believe that my changes have been good. My pain has been at a lower level without large amounts of sugar. I tried no sugar and no caffeine but i just could not take the withdrawal headaches. They were more than horrible. Makes me shudder to think that my body is addicted to caffeine. I didn't even drink alot. It was always a cup of coffee in the morning and a diet colo or two the rest of th day! But believe me when i stopped my body went nuts. I have really cut wy down though.:)
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

and welcome back! It's always nice to have someone return in better shape!!

However, I'm sorry to hear that your pain today is so bad.

You are definitely correct about caffeine withdrawal being so horrible! When my heart problems started years ago, my cardiologist told me to cut out the caffeine. He warned me that I had to do is very gradually or it would end up in bad shape--headaches, etc. He was correct--I did it slowly, but still got horrific headaches.

Haven't had any caffeine for ten years--I'm into the decaf coffee and diet, CF pop!

Relax tonight and hopefully your pain will ease up,

Take care and plenty to (((Hugs))),
    Janet