Been gone awhile, am back with more questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skyeone, Dec 7, 2006.

1. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Well, as I've mentioned before, many many moons ago, I've got white spots in the gray matter of my brain. I've just recently had another MRI, and there are now more spots.

I have calcified nerves throughout my body, as well as optic neuritis. My neurologist hasn't given me much info as to what he suspects is going on. He's keeping me on the pain meds as well as the low-dose asprin to prevent strokes. Not to mention the anti-inflamitories I'm on.

I have an EEG coming up in April to see if I'm having seizures. My questions are these:

1) Does anyone know what this all may suggest? I can't figure out where to go to be able to list all symptoms and find ideas. If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.

2) With the pain increasing throughout my body, what can I do to help alleviate it? It seems to be taking longer and longer all the time to recupe from any form of activity.

3) How do I get any rest when every position I try to lie down in hurts?
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

you live in canada and they approved sativex(pot based drug)last year i have read it does wonders for pain and muscle relaxing with out all the side effects of pot i am waiting for the us to aprove it they are in phase 3 trial so it probably wont be here for 2 more years. charlene
  3. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Charlenef, that was a consideration, which they have put on the back burner. The spots on my brain are not indicitive of MS as of yet. But they also said that it could take years for that to become positive. It is always possible that I have the start of it I suppose.

Thanks for the med suggestion, I'll ask my doc about it.

Hugs,
    Skye
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

im glad i could help satvex is a liquid that you spray in your mouth i have such bad stomach problems that is why i just cant wait till it is here there is more info on the web if you google it good luck charlene
    [This Message was Edited on 12/08/2006]
  5. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Thanks I'll go and google it right now Charlene. I appreciate the help!

Hugs,
    Skye
  6. charlenef

charlenef New Member

I HOPE YOU GET SOME RELIEF SOON I AM IN TONS OF PAIN MYSELF IM IN BED 90% OF THE TIME IT HURT TO MUCH TO SIT IN A CHAIR THE THING I LIKE THE MOST ABOUT SATIVEX IS NOBODY HAS EVER DIED FROM POT AND UNLIKE ALL THE OTHER DRUGS OUT THERE. CHARLENE
  7. skyeone

skyeone New Member

I did that google search and found some interesting stuff that I printed up to give to my family doc. We'll see what comes of it. I can't see her till early January though, that part sucks.

Thanks again,
    Skye