Been Gone - Guai Flare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry if I haven't answered posts as fast as I usually do. I recently upped my Guai dose to 2400 mgs. and the Guai flare from hell hit a few days ago. Yesterday, I just couldn't drag myself from my nest to come to the computer. Today is better.

What this tells me is that even though I am about 3/4 reversed, there must still be enough debris in my tissues to cause all hell to break loose when the Guai went after it. Since I can tolerate a few sals and since there are a few in my Obagi skin care creams, I figure that I need the extra to counter what few sals remain in my regimen. I think the reason the flare hit so hard is that I have eliminated the toner from my skin care regimen. It was the only part which contained a significant amount of sals.

Love, Mikie
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Wondered where you were,and am glad you are well enough to be back here. I hope you will feel a lot better soon. I sure hope I don't need 2400 mgs. or I won't be able to afford it.
    Hugs, KLutzo
    BTW, do you have any advice on anti-perspirants? Looked at both mine and my hubby's and they both have castor oil. I had some plain sport deodorant without anti-perspirant that was OK, so am using that, but you know as well as I do that this just won't cut the mustard here in Florida.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/05/2003]
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Actually, I don't need 2400 mgs. I flared at 600, but I've always been impatient and have upped the dose regularly, always with the attendant flare.

I use one of the clear sticky roll on deodorants. I always like the chalky ones you grind into your pitts, but they all contain sals, Most of the clear roll ons don't, but they are not as effective, especially since I sweat out the strange Guai smell.

Love, Mikie
  4. Jude

Jude New Member

I have also noticed that earwax will have a guai smell to it too. But we could smell worse. As long as I smell like guai throughout many different body parts, it must be covering all the territory.

I have the baby powder debris in my urine along with bubbles that have dark specks in the center. I'm the only one in my support group with dark specks in the bubbles. Don't know what that means but it must be removing something that shouldn't be there.

For the new people: Some of our members didn't think they had the baby powder debris in their urine. Turns out they didn't have bright lights in the bathroom and did not see them because of this. After using a bathroom with bright lights they could see that the guai was working. Sometimes something simple like this can alter what we believe.

Jude
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Mikie I have been a little off myself, but not from Guai (as you know, I am not on that one YET!)

Felt so darn good that I went crazy and cleaned the utility room, mop, washed clothes, hung mega clothes, did the kitchen floor, etc, etc, etc,!! Well it hit me in the chest, have had those 'this must be a heart attack this time' pain!
    But of course it was the fibro demon. Took from Tuesday last week till last night to get rid of the pain.

My husband had to go to his uncles wake alone, there was no way I could dress and stay there even for an hour, plus deal with all those people too.

I went out and celebrated today! I am back to normal, thank God.

I was 'crawling' on this board at night time to answer a few posts, sitting here wishing I was in bed with my heating pad, but I just had to do a little here anyway!!

That utility room can get as dirty as it wants from now on, its not worth this kind of pain! My dogs don't care, why should I???

Glad you are better, you are very missed around here, as I am hopeless with the Guai questions, unless I read them out of the book! I know these ladies want to hear from YOU, not me and my book!

Jude, anyone have low light in the bathroom and you are concerned about the purging, keep a flashlight close by to check what is coming out!

I take Essiac Tea, and it does what you all are describing with the Guai. I have a green toilet, and a blue toilet, have you ever tired to see anything with those colored bath fixtures?? I really do dislike them, but they came with the house, and its way to expensive to change bath fixtures just because of the color.

I use a flashlight! My husband wanted to know if I ccouldn't 'find it' in the bathroom when he saw the flashlight next to the toilet, I never bother to explain it to him, he's still quessing what I needed that flashlight for!

Shalom, Shirl

6. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

Wondered where you had been? Just started new meds, and wanted to run past you the results....I'm still a little insecure here!

Went to the Dr. Thurs. Went over all the info I have learned here through this site and links. She agreed!!
    Started W/Cipro regm., Nurontin, and Ambien. Have had four night in a row sleep undesturbed. Woke feeling very rested.

Less pain in 5 yrs, more inergy than I have had in ????
    Just a fluke? This is day 5 and I feel even better. Still have some brain fog, and dyslexia,. I hate to get my hopes up, but even a slight reprieve is good Yeah.
    1maqt
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Oh, Shirl, I was afraid of your overdoing it, but I know how you feel. When we feel that good, it's too tempting to take care of those things we put off when we aren't doing so well. I'm sorry about the death in the family. I still haven't heard from my cousins about how my other cousin is doing.

Dear Imaqt, I am so glad you are getting some relief. Good for you.

Love, Mikie
  8. Jude

Jude New Member

There must have been an epidemic of temporary insanity going around last month. Last week I decided I was almost 'cured' because I am so much better than last year at this time. Decided to clean out my bedroom and closets in a three day cleaning spree. Yes, I cleaned under the bed, flipped the mattress, cleaned closets that I hadn't touched in a couple of years. My body was saying that I was getting close to the edge. Did I listen? No!!!!!! So on day four fibro jumped up and I went into a flare that I hadn't experienced in quite awhile. Humbling experience, it was. I don't know what I was thinking by pushing my body that was trying to tell me to slow down. After reading other posts there must have been a lot of us thinking this way. So Shirl you must have just been caught up in the epidemic going around.

Jude
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It will be a very longtime before I 'lose it' and go on a nutty cleaning spree again! That pain is sure just sitting and waiting to pounce on us when we get a bit carried away huh?

I will go back to my good old routine, set the timer for fifteen minutes, then go rest when it goes off! It takes forever to get stuff done, but it sure bets getting in all this trouble.

You mentioned closets, I have two downstairs that I am just 'itching' to get into and clean out! But I promised myself that I would do the 'timer' thing after this last mad spree I went on.

Shalom, Shirl

PS, I wish my husband would 'catch' this temporary insanity for cleaning! I have been working the heck out of him, but I would like him to move faster!!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/06/2003]
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Darlin', this is the South; we don't move fast down here :)

Love, Mikie