Been having a stress free week till phone call

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by belly_acres, Apr 7, 2006.

1. belly_acres

belly_acres New Member

I have posted a few time here - I haven't had an official diagnosis of FM - but I'm pretty sure I have it. My husband has been helping me alot this week - I had flared major last week and he's been picking up the slack. Now this morning I got a call that I wished I hadn't. I was diagnosed in Feb with malignant melanoma - my second biopsy came back clear for it so I had put it out my mind. Today the dermatologist called and wants to see me asap - now I'm sitting here scared and crying and just stressing out totally. I know I have to do this apptmnt but I just don't want to be there to hear all the stuff and tests that I will have to go through. Plus it's an 8hr drive one way - my hubbie will take time off work to drive but it's still stressful. Gosh I'm twisted worrying about the small stuff when I know that the news may not be good.

Thanks for letting me vent
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

belleacres:

It sounds like you have a wonderful husband and a caring 'good' doctor.

Do not stress: it will do you no good. Easier said than done, I know. But, think of the support you have.

I believe it is better to tackle these things head on for a good outcome.

NyroFan
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Tell them how worried you are, and is this a follow up or something else? Tell them you would like to talk with the doc on the phone. You can say you woill pay for a phone consultation. Or can he speak with your FP ro FP speak with him/her?

Try not to worry too much. My SIL had this type of thing with hers and is now melanoma free after many years.

Keep us posted.

Good luck, Love Anne C
  4. belly_acres

belly_acres New Member

Thanks for all your replies - I did try and call back and the nurse was not so helpful. It will be my first apptmnt with this doctor - I had seen another derm 3 yrs ago for persistant rashes and he was a total jerk. His office was full of staff that had obviously fit a certain criteria and he wouldn't even touch me to feel the rash - so needless to say I didn't go back to him for the melanoma. I'm just worried that they will find more and that I will have to have more surgery. I know that the earlier they catch it the better - I just hope this new doc isn't a jerk!

Cori