Been hiding again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

It amazes me that just when I think my world is going to get a little better, it gets worse.

The latest new job is horrible. I've come home crying the past 2 nights. The CPAs think I should know everything after 5 days, and the girl who is suppose to train me so that I can help her, doesn't have the time to train me. It's like a no win situation. I'm amazed how much I hate it after only 5 days, and I can't even begin to describe the pain I'm having from the stress. I haven't even eaten in 2 days because my stomach is just in knots.

I swear my name should be "sh*t-for-luck". Last Friday night I got up to let the dogs out and my foot was asleep and I went right down on the floor and it sounded like it popped. Is it broken or fractured? I don't know. I was able to walk on it so therefore I didn't go for x-rays. I saw my doctor the following day and she said that I should have it x-rayed because although it looks like a torn ligament (which is bad enough), it could be cracked underneath it.

Then on Saturday while taking a piece of toast out of the toaster oven I burned my hand... which still isn't healing well.

So, folks, that's my latest tale of woe. I sure hope the new year is a better one.
    Tigger
  2. libra55

libra55 New Member

Oh I'm so sorry about the new job. It reminds me of a job I had once, in software engineering. The woman "never got around" to training me, or "never had the time" because quite frankly she was very afraid of anyone else learning more than her and eventually taking her job. Do you think this might be the case?

Needless to say I didn't last long at that job! I was only too happy to leave.

Did you find out if your foot is broken or not? I hope it's better. And I hope your luck improves. You certainly deserve better, you are a nice person.

(((((((Hugs to you))))))))
    Michelle
  3. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I feel for you. My middle name is not GRACE, that is for sure. I hope things get better for you soon.
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I can't believe that you are in yet another job that you hate. I'm so sorry about that. I don't know what you are going to do.

Hope your leg will be okay. If not, I wonder if you can take short term disabillity? Have you been at work long enough? Don't know the rules to that yet.

I have burnt my hand taking the cover off of something in the microwave and the pain was there for well over 4 hours. Only thing that seemed to help was ice, literally on my finger for over 4 hours or my finger up against a cold glass of iced water. How miserable for you. :(

We always say we hope the new year will be better, but this 2006, I really hope it will be for all.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I hate to see this all happen to you. You know, I'd guess that at least 60% of jobs don't have good on-the-job training, or even manuals that describe what people are supposed to do. It sounds like you have an office job, so at least it's not manual labor (I hope). I can understand how you aren't too happy about it all, but I'd say to stick with it as you'll learn what you need to most likely.

Sorry about your foot, but you should have it xrayed to make sure there isn't a broken bone somewhere. There are a lot of small bones in the feet that could be broken. You may need at least a moon boot to walk and keep weight off the foot.

Take care,

Jeannette
  6. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I got used to seeing you post often and noticed you hadn't for days.I thought you must just be overwhelmed by the holidays.So sorry to hear about your new job.Is there anything you can think of that you would enjoy doing? I think having something you would love to do would make your life so much better.Will you do something for me?Grab a piece of paper and just jot down things you want,make it your want list,include everything.Spiritually,financially,materially,physically.Put this where you can see it,feel free to add to it.Expect it to happen.I know if you will take the time to do this things will change.Prayers for you.
  7. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

To answer libra's question, I DO wonder if she doesn't want me to learn because of the whole job security thing. It doesn't make sense to me because she is so overwhelmed with work that it could get to the point that if it doesn't get done, she could lose her job.

And, no, I didn't get the ankle x-rayed. I just don't have the money to do it. I can walk on it, but it does hurt most of the time.

I'm just so overwhelmed.
    Hugs and thank you all,
    Tigger
  8. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

my name was always s##t for brains maybe were related???

so sorry its not going well id have it out with this lady just lay it out straight and if thats not working take it over her head.

keep you foot elavated and ask for a referal to get it xrayed.
    keep your chin up sweety
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

When I took the job in my office it was for a boss who wouldn't even show me how to log into the office programs. I went home in tears for weeks thinking I would never get it as I had no support.

I found out several years later that her best friend had wanted my job and I got it because I was an in-house transfer so she resented me. Fast forward 7 years.. She is no longer here and I am the Director of the Department.

Hang in there Tigger.. pick up what you can and show them what you got. Not having the training tools you need is a set back that you need to address but it's not end.

Now I know, in my department when we get a new person it's really hard for us to train. There is no one who can stop doing their job long enough to devote to just training. So.. they play tag along with us.. and we give them a little more each day and after a while they get it.

It's frustrating I know, because if you are like me you want to get in there and get your feet wet.. Learn everything right away and be confident about what you are doing.

Try not to get frustrated. Your trainer may not have experience training for one thing. You may try asking her, What things can I do to help you? Are there things I can take off your plate right now so we can free up some time for training?

I know it frustrates me when we are short handed because the last thing I have time to do is train when I'm trying to do two peoples jobs.. but if I don't get the other person trained I will never get away from doing both..

It's like there are still clients that need to be addressed, letters to be written, calls to be made, things that can fall through the cracks if I don't handle them weather I am training or not.

Try to take ownership of small things while you are learning. If she says I need to make 100 copies of whatever.. Say, let me take care of that. Whatever it is that you can take off her plate.

By all means though Tigger.. give it time. All of my jobs since I have been an adult have been pretty long term. I worked one place for 10 years, another for 7, and I've been here 8. All of these jobs I hated at first. Two of them I worked my way up to management.

Hang tough Tigger.. and show um what you are made of!

oh.. as for being a clutz.. welcome to the club!!

(((((((((((Hugs!!))))))))))))
    Dona