been hit by the flu....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Scoobsmom, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Well, just a quick question, have been in bed for the past 2 days with the flu. Oh my...the fibro pain is unbearable. I had taken a walk on Weds and by that afternoon the chills and everything along with it. I am wondering if this is the way the whole winter will go. I feel as though I am unable to fight off anything. I do take the supplements. Is our immune system so taxed out that a "cold" will wipe me out. Just wondering... Take care all...BARB
  2. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Well, just a quick question, have been in bed for the past 2 days with the flu. Oh my...the fibro pain is unbearable. I had taken a walk on Weds and by that afternoon the chills and everything along with it. I am wondering if this is the way the whole winter will go. I feel as though I am unable to fight off anything. I do take the supplements. Is our immune system so taxed out that a "cold" will wipe me out. Just wondering... Take care all...BARB
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I think that the FMS makes me feel worse with a cold than before I developed the dang dd.

I stay away from draft's, if I wash my hair or take a shower, I don't go out for hours afterwards.
    I get a Chill with damp hair of skin, I know I can count on feeling sick the next day.
    Like a stuffy nose, plugged ear, and a sore throat, with just it being red on the right side.

So I stay away from the General Population as much as possible during the winter. I go to the store's during the slow hours, usually between 9-11am. When I worked for a Utility Co., I noticed that those were the best hours to avoid crowds....................................

Hope your feeling better soon,
    Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  4. Wuame

Wuame New Member

Ditto to what you & Sharon say about this Barb. I get every bug that comes within the county limits, at least. I'm fighting one right now that's turning me to a jelly-filled pin cushion. Take care of yourself.

Wuame