Been Lurking a bit

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Sep 3, 2012.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi all,

I've been lurking around the boards lately on my good days. I've been wanting to start a post but all I could think of to title it was "Well Crap!"

I've added Lupus ELS to my list of things to deal with on a daily basis and I've had a horrendous few months of being bed bound again but I started a new medication about 6 weeks ago that is slowly beginning to work a bit.

I've peeked around at the lounge post since it seems to be the most active, but I can't yet manage to keep up and read all of the posts.

I just know I worry about those who no longer post so I wanted to pop in to say hi.

Forgive me if I don't check in for a few days, I never know what kind of day I'm going to wake up to, ie....stumbling from bed to bathroom or able to go downstairs for a few hours a day.

Hugs to all,

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Good to hear from you again. Wie gehts. Oh, wait. You already told us.
    Sorry to hear about a new problem, but maybe the new med will keep on
    doing good stuff.

Just finished reading the Wimpy Kid series. I think it's the kinda stuff both
    grown ups and kids can enjoy. "Sorta" like Harry Potter or Winnie the Pooh.
    Or do I mean "Sorting" as in hat?

Maybe we can start a series here w/ "Crap!" "More Crap!" "Still More etc."

I post far less than I used too. My energy just seems to be evaporating like
    a puddle at "High Noon".

BTW. Following "High Noon", both Grace Kelly and Gary Cooper went on to make
    more movies. The set of a western town went on to star in "From Here to

Yes, the lounge is like the Porch. No set topic. Drop by either or neither or
    both as you are able. Remember the old palindrome? "Able was I ere I
    saw Elba."

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so very sorry about the Lupus diagnosis. It seems as though the illnesses just keep piling on. I'm glad the new med is helping. Prayers going up that the med helps a LOT.

Post when you can. We love to chat here.

Love, Mikie
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I remember chatting with you before. I'm glad you have decided to come back and chat with us.

I come & go here too, but I have been trying to stop in at least once a week.

Take care of yourself!

The Crazy Beadlady
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

It is wonderful hearing from you. I am so sorry about your Lupus Diagnosis. Bless your heart. It seem's to be unrelenting for you.

I think about you so often. Wonder how life is going and how your family is doing now you are home stateside.

If you ever have a moment where you feel extra good, which I know will be very hard to find, would love to hear more from you.

Take perfect care my friend.

Miss you!

6. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Sorry to hear about the Lupus Dx.Drop by the Lounge anytime especially to vent.Sharing bad days and bad moods among people who understand helps.You might even get a giggle to take your mind off for a few seconds.

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome back! It feels good just to share a moment with you all again.

Rock you always amaze me with your wonderful memory. I know things are hard for you too but you always manage to make me giggle a bit.

And here comes the part where I get embarrassed because I can't remember to thank each person individually. So sorry all...

Kim, we are, at least by our standards all doing well. Hubby was recently diagnosed with RA and he's started the same meds that I did (Plaquenil) so he's doing ok.

Katy is really doing wonderfully well. She's been running the house for most of the last 6 or 8 months which is a blessing and shows how far she's come. She's also writing children's books now and hoping to publish in the future. She's insured for 3 more years so we're hoping to keep her that way.

I'm really happy that we've moved back here. I love my home, neighborhood and neighbors although there seems to be a never ending list of problems and repairs to be done. I'm now looking into UV plastic sheeting to cover my skylights in the master bedroom and possibly my windows too since the sun is bad for Lupus patients. Go figure, I chose the sunniest house I could find!!

Again so good to hear from you all,