Been MIA for almost a year ...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ravenstardust, Aug 14, 2008.

1. ravenstardust

ravenstardust New Member

Oops ! My computer crashed slowly , I had to buy a new tower . However now I have the windows vista I have to go back to each site I belong to and add them to my favorites ...
    Anyway I'm still getting monthly epidural shots in my low back . I just got one on Tuesday . It was a rough one this month , I spent all day yesterday very sick . When I got up this morning for a change there was very little pain . I was able to take my puppy out then take a shower then clean up a rat cage and even begin to add water to my turtle tank it takes 12 gallons to get enough water for my turtles Leonardo and Butters to swim in ... I had to have my hubby add the last 8 gallons ...
  2. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

Hope you are feeling better now. So how does the epidural help you? I never knew that people could get those for any thing besides delivering babies!

Anyway, glad your computer is up and running even when you're not (smile) God bless...
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Welcome back. :) I remember you. Why are you getting epidural shots?

4. ravenstardust

ravenstardust New Member

I'm glad I wrote down all my sites in a book . I get an epidural for pain . My pain doc sedates me then he incerts a really long needle in my low back and floods the inflamed area with a small ammount of steroid and a pain killer . There reallly isn't a whole lot my doctors can do for the pain I have . So I get the shot and combine it with morphine and lyrica . It took a year to see any real results . But it was the diference between being in bed all the time in agony each time I moved and being able to take care of my personal needs such as dressing bathing etc. I've been able to go for rides with my hubby on his Harley and there are times when I can go out and play pool or visit friends ...
    It may not seem like much but to me it's a HUGE deal ...
  5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I'm glad to hear that you've gotten to do some of the things you enjoy once again. I know that is a big deal! :)