Been on Amantadine for month now......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ChungieDolor, Oct 18, 2005.

1. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

not sure if this medication is helping. Doctor prescribed for pain, fatigue, and restless leg syndrome.

I feel like I have the flu 24/7, mucus lump in my throat, depressed more then I was, constant fatigue, and bed-ridden most of the time, except for right now. Oh, forgot, not sleeping well, when I was sleeping at least 4-5 hours every other day. Now, I sleep an hour or two, and bam, wide awake. Hsn and Qvc is going to kill our budget. lol!

I was able to at least visit my mom a few days a week. Not lately! Not sure if it is the stress of losing my father, mother has dementia, and dealing with this dd. You know, the usual overload or simply nothing you do, and still feel sick.

I read some of the threads on this medication. I guess everyone is affected differently. Wonderful for people who are doing well with it. Still hoping for something to help me.

Would appreciate your comments. Thanks
    Sincerely
    Chungiedolor
  2. ImDigNiT

ImDigNiT New Member

I just started it. I don't know if some of the weird stuff happening to me is from that or some of the other new meds and supplements I have started.

Marcia
  3. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

I always wondered what Herxing was, but was too embarassed to ask. I have to get lab work done, before I see the doc on Nov 1st. Wonder if its worth staying on til then, since they say not to stop without your docs authoriz, or is this med one that you can.

He was also going to put me on another antidep to help with the pain since I have it widespread. I would like to feel out of the clouds for once, and have not gone the diet and nutrition way. Still love those sweets, and think they have me bedridden and fatigued. When will I learn!

I have lost some weight, by missing meals, which I know is a big no with this dd as well. Doc wanted me to get on the South Beach Diet. Not good with diets, but I have gained some weight since this dd started in 98. or earlier.

I vacd today since I was so hyped up from not sleeping again last night. Hope to tonight.

Appreciate your input!
    SIncerely
    Chungiedolor

[ advertisement ]