been on Lyrica a week... need help please.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shelbyeatenton, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

I have been on Lyrica/pregablin since last monday/tuesday and i am only at 50mg twice a day and i feel so tired and so like i am on a permanent come down, and i have never taken drugs so i am only imagining.

I also have been getting really down. Like really down. I don't know if it would be related to the Lyrica though?

I feel so tired, i am sleeping better which is great, i just feel terrible. Wanted to ask if anyone else had this with the lyrica at this dosage? Mind you everyone i read seemed to start at a much higher dose?

Keep crying too. For no reason, like now. Pathetic!
  2. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I have a perscription waiting on me at the pharmacy for lycria.

To hear it makes you feel more depressed really scares me.

I have bipolar.I did call my pscyh. and asked if this med. would be ok to take with my ad's and mood stabalizers.She said that this was a new drug and there is not much info. out there about it.But what I am reading here worries me alot.

And you know the one thing I complained to my reheumy. about was I hated medication that made me sleepy.Why is it that she would put me on this instead of just giving me pain medicine like hydrocodine that really helps?

I am going to talk to psych. again tom. before I even pick up this perscription.

Glad you posted this.
  3. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

As i said....

I didn't know if it was related to the lyrica or not? if you are really tired it makes you tired.

I am also going through other things in my life, such as my long term boyfriend and best friend breaking up with me, losing a friend that i thought i would always "see around", live day to day knowing that i can't get out of my house unless someone else is ther becsause i am in a wheelchair and there are three steps and the UK REGIONAL COUNCILS (oops) are useful and ive been waiting 6 months already for a ramp and i am getting used to a life knowin gthat i will never return to my love, dancing.

THAT, is probably why i am down.

Please try the lyrica. If it helps, it will help. As soon as you feel any negative eefects come straight off.

If you don't try you will never know! :)

Many gentle hugs
  4. ckzim

ckzim New Member

My doctor just started me on Lyrica about 2 weeks ago...for numbness in my fingers and arm...she said this Lyrica stuff stops the nerve endings from doing that tingling thing...???

I wasn't too pleased with doing that...but it is working..I am only taking 1 per night though...I'm suppose to take 2 a day...75mg...I did'nt like the feeling I got when I took the 2 a day...spacey like feeling...but it is helping with the sleep too.

As far as making me feel down...I can't say that it does...not anything more than the usual anyway...

I am sorry that your feeling so down...hang in there...if it still the doc...ask him if it could be the lyrica?

You just never the mean time...what I do when I get so hard as it is...I try to find the bright spot in each thing that makes me sad...I tell myself...there IS one in there...I just have to find it.

I try to remember that with every shut door...another one opens...and then I sit and let my mind think of the possiblablities that could be?

Gentle Hugs..

[ advertisement ]