Been reading threads- WOW!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cozy-cottage, Jul 28, 2003.

1. cozy-cottage

cozy-cottage New Member

I have been reading threads to trying and learn all I can about my symptoms and condition. It really helps to see that others struggle with my same questions and problems, although I would never wish this on anyone, it is nice to know I am not alone. Even though there is no cure, at least I know that it is not all in my head, there really is something wrong with me!
    I now know, that after having FM and living with all it's aches and pains and added irritants for over 3 years, that I never really experienced a FLARE like I am currently having. I was so worried I had some terrible deathly illness or brain tumor that was causing me to be so sick, but every one of my symtoms can be linked to my FM! I just didn't see it. Thank you to all who share your life on this board, it really does help people.
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Hello,I'm glad you to can find solace in our issues.Yes,It IS Nice to Know others have same problems as us.I am in your age group, I find it comforting here,as so many of us live with issues,not even knowing *they* are symptoms!Brain tumor,thought that too. Nothing could be LIKE THIS!Ohwell,it is a nice place to procure TRUTH about what we have. Godd Luck,ask questions,Peace - lisa
  3. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

I like your name :)
    Anyway, I've been on here about 2 months and can't get away from this board!
    It's been so amazing to read about others with the same symptoms/problems as you mentioned. It does get a bit overwhelming for me though. So much to research, what to try, who to see, etc.
    I am leaving for about 5 weeks and won't have access to a computer and am wondering how I will survive without this board!
    Take Care,
    Ziggy
  4. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

peace,lisa
  5. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I feel exactly the same as you do, Cozy. I started coming here just under a month ago and what I read here blew my mind. So many strange things explained and attributed to FM! I can't afford to be running around to a lot of different doctors for different symptoms but I've always thought I probably should. Now I know I don't have to worry about these irritating things that I never dreamed to could be part of the FM I've had all my life. And I learned that new things can crop up at any time, while others just disappear.

Like you, I can't get away from the board. I spend hours each morning and check in periodically during the day and night to see what new topics have been posted and check out more responses in the threads I am following. Now I understand why my husband spends almost all his waking hours on the computer! So much to learn!

JoAnn