Been reading your comments about Gupta - Lisaloo please answer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teller7, May 10, 2009.

1. teller7

teller7 New Member

I'm going crazy here trying to make up my mind whether to take Ashok Gupta's program. I do NOT want to be disappointed again. Somewhere I read that there has been only 33 people in the study. Is that true? I also read from someone that it is like making us think it's more in our heads than a real disease even though Gupta says it's real. I'm so confused at the moment I almost wish I hadn't heard of it. Know what I mean? So anyone if you have read anything contrary about him please tell me.
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I have been thinking about this too

I don't think he is saying "it is all in your head"

I think what he is saying is "it is in your brain" and that is exactly what my doctor told me, that I had a "brain dysfunction" At first I was highly irritated, but then I realized what my doc meant

And once your brain is affected, it is a trickle down affect to your organs. I think this is what happened to me

Have you watched any of his videos on You Tube? He gives a pretty good explanation

I am still trying to decide to spend the money
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

If Ashok Gupta had a legitimate cure for CFS, he would not be charging money for it. He would be all over the media trying to get the word out. Instead, he charges a ridiculous amount of money for his version of CBT. Save your money!!!!
  4. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Apparently, bleeding sick people for every last cent is a very lucrative scam... :(
  5. outofstep

outofstep Member

then I don't see any way that this will do anything for you. You need to treat the underlying problem, ie. the infection. You can't magically think it away.

This whole Gupta thing just really burns my toast.
  6. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

i don't think you can rule anything out unless you have actually tried it bc i KNOW that it has helped some people, and its not entirely a scam.. obviously people with cfs are extremely stressed out, as we should be considering what we have to deal with. Clearly everyone is different and for some reason CFS is so complex that one single treatment won't cure everyone, but it's pretty evident that it has helped plenty of people for whatever reason. In my case I know that with my cfs, my anxiety has gotten worse and my tolerance for stress has become almost non-existant. im beyond stressed out and I see the direct relation to my symptoms when I am stressed out, and most of you probably do also.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Ashok charging money for his program, doctors charge money for their consultations so why can't he charge for what he's doing? Not to mention, he atleast gives you your money back if your not satisfied. I don't know a single doctor that will do that for me, or anyone for that matter.

I think that if you wanna give it a shot go for it, you have absolutely nothing to lose.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/12/2009]