been real sick. immune system boosters?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dani78xo, Oct 6, 2006.

1. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

so i've had a cold for about a month now.
    i was staying in school, just dealing with it.
    my doctor tried me on antibiotics 'cause my mom had the same thing, but she got pneumonia and bronchitis from it.

then, yesterday, it got alot worse.
    i had to leave school 'cause i was so sick.
    today, i'm running over a 100 degree fever,
    and just completely lethargic.

not only that, but i'm so nauseated that i haven't really eaten all day. i've tried, but i just can't eat it.

my doctor told me today that i do have bronchitis, and she's not sure what this whole thing is. i think i probably had a cold (which, in FM terms, translates to probably about a month long virus.) and then got some other virus on top of it.

i was just wondering if there's anything that any of you have tried that REALLY helps with your immune system? 'cause i seem to be getting everythinggg that i'm exposed to, and i can't deal with it anymore.

i've heard of natural supplements or homeopathic meds that can boost your immune system, but i don't want to buy an expensive thing just to find that it doesn't work. anything else that works, too, would be awesome.

so, any suggestions?
    thanks a bunch =].

-danielle
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

You can get this at health food stores.

This is the clear liquid secreted by mothers before the milk comes in. It is very high in immune system boosters. I believe that the colostrum you get (in capsules, not liquid...you don't have to drink it!) is bovine.

Also, if you are on antibiotics...and I sure hope you are...it is a good idea to take probiotics because the ABs tend to kill all the bacteria in our bodies, not just the bad ones. Probiotics help replenish the good ones, something our CFS/FM bodies don't do as well.

I hope you feel better soon.

God Bless.
  3. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

brocolli brocolli brocolli! cant strees enough how much its helped me with bronchitis and flues gl roll
    [This Message was Edited on 10/07/2006]
  4. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

ProBoost sold here at ProHealth. Take 3 packages a day for a few months. It will bring your resistance up so you won't get anymore viral things.

Sambucol Elderberry Extract sold at Vitamin Shoppe will help you through the flu/cold months. Take two tablespoons a day.

These will probably not make you feel better immediately, but they will help you when you are better to ward off the nasties out there.

CherylSue
  5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Be careful what you take. I took a bunch of echinacia and golden seal and all these natural immune boosters my sis told me about.. Made me sicker than a dog..
    keep in mind that CFS used to be Chronic Fatigue Immune disfunction..
    With a immune system that is disfunctional, strenghtening it can be a double edged sword. I know some here who have had great results but I know for me it just means my immune system attacks my own body if I stregthen it. so just be cautious dear dani...
    hugs,
    dona
  6. wkirk87

wkirk87 New Member

I'd recommend a supplement called Septilin. I reckon it can be found on this site, or if not through google, but probably on this site.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

They sell some wonderful supplements here at Pro Health and although you should discuss many of these with both your Mom and doc, I just want to suggest one for you.

Try their Fibro Complete with Malic Acid multi vitamin. They're on sale now too. Then you can start working with the other things, but this vitamin is just wonderful.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

On the home page, you can order a catalog or call ProHealth on their 1-800 number and ask for a catalog. The catalogs are laid out according to types of supplements and what symptoms they address. This is very helpful in not getting overwhelmed by so many products.

For long-term immune system building, I use the Jarro-Dophilus probiotics, colostrum, and the undenatured whey. Dr. Cheney is a big fan of the whey.

Love, Mikie
  9. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

yeah i'm kindof worried nothing will work, but i need something to help my body ward off all of these viruses.

do the prohealth products really work?

i already take probiotics, especially with the antibiotics. they do help with my GERD.

-danielle
  10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Sorry you are not doing well! Just a thought but have
    you ever been tested for Lyme Disease? Or that you may
    have an active mono virus etc.? Would not rule out
    Lyme out of hand, especially if you have animals or have
    had access to the outdoors at all! My Daughter has had
    it for years and can not re-call ever having been bitten.

Will check tomorrow for your response as it is very late
    where you live.

Hope Dani, you will be doing better very soon.
    MRDAD