Been Sick for almost two months now.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dara, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Dara

Dara New Member

This is really something different for me. When I add everything together that has happened in the last two months, I don't know if they are all linked together, or all different things.

Started out with a sinus infection, took ten days of antibiotics and felt better. Then, I went on a trip and fell walking up a flight of stairs on the Ferry ride. Two days later I could hardly walk and my knee was really hurting.

I started feeling sick with another sinus infection and was put on a second dose of antibiotics. I ran a high fever and had the first migraine headache I've ever had, even thad the vomiting which is something I never do.

I broke out with a big red patch on my knee, where I fell and broke the skin, then also started having a staph infection. Doctor put me on a third dose of antibiotics.

I just finished the last of the third prescription, and still have one heck of a sinus infection. So, today they are putting me on a fourth antibiotic.

I just couldn't help but wonder if the fall on my knee, which broke the skin, had something to do with the staph infection, which maybe caused the fever and migraine??

Any ideas from any of you.

Dara
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi Dara - I don't really know anything about your staph infection. All I know is they can be serious. Just guessing, it would seem there could very well be a connection with your fall and breaking the skin on your knee, and then the bright red patch on your knee. Hopefully someone else here can help with that.

But I was concerned about your repeated sinus infections.

Last summer I was sick for over 3 months in a row with repeated sinus infections. I went on antiobiotics three times (which is extremely unusual for me -- I try not to take them because they're so rough on your system).

After someone suggested it to me, I finally asked my doctor to test me for allergies, which she reluctantly agreed to-- she didn't want to do it but I sort of insisted. Anyways, it turned out I had a strong allergy to dust mites which live in pillows and bedding and mattresses, carpet etc. I did some basic remediation work (allergen-free mattress cover, allergen-free pillow and pillow cover, washed ALL bedding, including blankets), and I got better. Ideally I would have ripped out my carpets too, but couldn't as I was renting.

So, I think you should get tested for allergies. I had to basically be my own doctor and it sounds like you should too. Repeated sinus infections are nothing to sneeze at! (sorry, I couldn't help that . . . )

Best wishes,

Mary
  3. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

I don't have anything to help you with but I hope you get to the bottom of it soon so you can get some relief.

Heart hugs,
    Maree
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

Now I am on a weeks worth of predizone along with a different type of antibiotic.

I think I'm finally feeling better, so hopefully I've finally gotten rid of whatever it was I had.

I'm still concerned about the knee with the red spot/scratch though. My PCP said if it doesn't go away he will refer me to a dermatologist.

Also found out I have a large amount of blood in my urine. This is something I've had for the last thirty years and about once every five years they insist I get a cystoscopy from the urologist.

They've never found anything and I just feel like ignoring it. But, since I'm a smoker he said I really need to have it checked out.

Thanks for listening and replying.

Dara
  5. Dara

Dara New Member

I do have allergies. I take allegra twice a day and it usually does the trick.

I did get tested for allergies and I was very allergic to mold. I also have food allergies which include sulphites, which is in just about any processed food, and wine.

I've had problems with sinus infections after I started working in an office that was full of mold. In fact, it was from the mold in our office that was the breaking point for me when I had to finally give up working back in 2001.

Thanks you for responding to my post.

Dara
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

I remember my Mom putting epsom salts in our bath water when we were kids. I think ususally if we had mosquito bites and I do remember that it did feel good.

I don't know how you can stand the migraines. Worse headache I've ever had. My daughter used to get migraines a lot. She now takes Topomax for seizures, and it also helps with the migraines.

take care,
    Dara
  7. hubby

hubby New Member

I literally have been sick with sinus for over a year, with repeated antibiotics etc. Finally just this last week and a dose of amoxicillan, they seem to have eased up. I definietly have allergies, to whichi I can contribute most of this too. I have moved and not taken testing to have allergy shots and that is what usually keeps things at a bay, and zyrtec once a day, nasacort two puffs twice a day. I unfortuanlely have not been doing so well, as I have forgotten all these things in the move, and no matter where I go, I am allergic to dust mights, and mold, which is everywhere.

We stopped buildiing fires this last year, as when I went somewhere they had a firs, I got horrible headaches and could not get over the infection. I realized all the wood we used had all the things I was allergic too on it, and just stopped, it seemed to help my headaches, but did not clear my infections.

So please consdier testing. It could go to upper respiratory, not to be the doom of gloom, but if it not treated, or does not go away for a long time, or even short time, defpending, can go to bronchial and lungs, then that is real fun.

Had those in La, and ended up in hospital almost every Feb on and off until the end of summer. Finally got nose polyps cleaned out, check that too, and felt goo and did not get infections for a really long time.Trying to get back to bed, wake up at four and then could not get back to sleep yesterday, makes for a very long day.

Have a good day
    Hubby