Been Sick So...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Haven't been here much for a day or two. Night before last, I had pain and swelling in the pelvic area. Yesterday, I saw the gyno. He thinks it's a local infection, which would explain my low-grade temp and high CRP reading for inflammation. He prescribed Flagyl and Bactrim. He also ordered an internal ultrasound, which I had in the afternoon. It was painful because everything inside is so tender. I was exhausted from running to the doc, then to the pharmacy and again to the ultrasound lab. Still, I was glad to be able to get it all done in one day. I love my gyno but had to see his partner. This guy is great too. How lucky am I to have two great docs?

So, I await the results of the scan and to see whether the ABX will work. The good news is that he said ovarian cancer at my age is rare. If there is anything suspicious on the ultrascan, I will get the CA-125 blood test. Something I didn't know--this test isn't very reliable. Still, if there is a concern, it's better than nothing.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Love, Mikie
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope ya feel better soon.

May all your thoughts be positive, and all your tests be negative.

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks. I love that saying. The meds are making me feel like I'm in a bit of a fog. Or, maybe it's just the infection. In any case, I'm a couch potato today. Thanks again for your good wishes.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Here I am whining and look what you've got going on. I sure hope everyone is doing better. Colloidal silver isn't cheap but it's good for all kinds of infection. It can be dropped under the tongue or used topically. I have found that it's usually not enough, by itself, to clear up an infection but it seems to help the meds to work better. It works really well on skin conditions.

My back started to hurt too after I had the pelvic pain but both are better. I think the ABX may be working. I've noticed that when I'm in couch potato mode, my back hurts from lack of motion. Also, it's time to rotate my mattress but I'm not up to it right now, so I sleeping in the rut. I should move to the middle. Or, I could sleep on the other side. Don't know why I have a king size bed (I'm single) but I think I just got used to all that sleeping space when I was married. I'm also a bed potato so my magazines, books, Kindle, phone, and remote are usually on one side. My daughter calls it the "single girl's bed."

I did get a kick out of the picture you painted with the cats in my mind. During the heated political debates, the pundits said gathering votes was like trying to herd cats. I guess you would know what it's like to herd cats :) I always found it easier to leave a trail of kittie treats and grab them while they are following the trail. Of course, it only works a couple of times as cats are too smart to fall for tricks over and over.

Thanks for your prayers and sweet good wishes. I'm sending my prayers up for healing for you, your hubby and the cats. Take it easy. Yes, stress is bad. So is boredom when we have to rest.

Love, Mikie
  5. springwater

springwater Active Member

Good to hear you have not one but two great docs whom you trust.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

God Bless
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry for all your problems and pain Mikie and I hope all turns out well and they don't find anything really bad. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Many years ago my mil died of OC but she had no clue she even had it. They found out when they went it to do hernia surgery. So many times there is no pain with it at all.

Diane - I too am trying to picture you trying to catch (I forget which kitty) who is flying through the house wanting to escape the torture of eye medicine :)!! Good grief !!!

Hugz to both of you !
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your good wishes. I slept like a log all afternoon and got up groggy but feel a bit better.

Yes, good docs are worth their weight in gold. This women's center is soooo clean. They have their own imaging lab so it's like one-stop shopping. If it's time for a Dexascan, I can have it done and the results are ready for my doc right afterward at my appt.

Thanks again.

Love, Mikie
  8. spacee

spacee Member

Hope everyone and every critter is better fast!

I agree with Rock's saying...

LEFTYGG Member

im glad youre feeling better. if dh and i were down there we would come flip your mattress. i still want to meet for lunch when im down there. seems like I know you already.

thats good to know about the ovatian cancer since im around your age.keep us informed.
    love gail
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, that's what makes OC so deadly. Often it has no symptoms or, when it does, it's in a very advanced form. I haven't heard from the doc so I'm assuming there wasn't anything on the scan. I see him on Tues. for a followup. Thanks for the good wishes. I am starting to have less pain and I think the doc was right about its being a local infection. I'm sleeping a lot and think it's the ABX duo. It's the best rest I've had in ages--silver lining.

Love, Mikie

11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate that. BTW, my TF 200 arrived but it wasn't cold. The cold pack itself was warm and the TF's were room temp. I need to call PH to ask if they are OK. I've decided I have enough on my plate with these two ABX without introducing the TF's at this time.

Love, Mikie
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, please do let me know when you are here. I would love to get together. Thanks for you kind words and thoughts. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how one looks at it, my mattress is a pillowtop so it can't be flipped. It's a king size so all I can do is rotate it. King size mattresses are almost square so I turn it 1/4 of the way and sleep across it part of the time. That keeps it from dishing out and evens out the wear. This was the advice from the mattress store where all they sell are mattresses. Nice thing--they got a note from my doc that I had FMS and didn't charge me any sales tax. The saleswoman's Mom has FMS.

I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Love, Mikie

13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your kind words. I am actually Herxing big time today, so that tells me the drugs caused a big dieoff of bacteria. I haven't heard from the doc so I think he was right--it's a local infection in the pelvic area. We are soooo prone to infections. The pain is better as things start to clear up.

Thanks again.

Love, Mikie
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I knew what you meant. I wonder whether the 5/6g speeds use up more kb's than the slower speeds or whether the device is just faster. I think we are all wondering these things. If one has unlimited funds, one can just buy the best and fastest and not worry about the cost. This isn't most of us.

I got a message on my new smart phone that I had a MMS notification. I had never heard of such a thing and had to look it up online. Evidently, some larger files, or messages, have to be sent using the data part of the service and not just the phone. MMS stands for Multi Media Service. I didn't open the notification. I don't know whether it's a download so I can use MMS or whether I tried to send, or someone sent me, a large message or picture. The camera on this phone is so good that some pics are too large to send over the phone. Simple pics can be sent. So, think I'll be uploading my pics to my computer and sending them via e-mail. Sometimes, newer and smarter isn't better from the user's standpoint.

Herxing is short for Herxheimer Effect. It is what makes people sick when they take antibiotics (ABX). I don't mean the stomach ache from the good bacteria's being killed off; I mean when there is a huge dieoff of bacteria. If the dieoff is so large that the body cannot excrete the dead, toxic pathogens, it will go into purge mode and produce profuse sweating which smells horrible. Nausea and diarrhea are usually part of the process. I usually get a headache before these other symptoms of Herxing appear. Everyone Herxes differently. For me, it's usually 24-48 hrs. and a bit harsh. For some, the Herxing is so bad, it mimics Toxic Shock Syndrome and they have to cut back on the ABX. Some mistake Herxing for an allergy to the ABX. Herxing is good in that it is a sign that the ABX are working and have caused a big dieoff of bacteria.

What amazes me is that doctors almost never tell patients to take probiotics when they prescribe ABX. We should be taking them anyway to keep our guts healthy but mainstream medicine is woefully behind in so many areas. My Dad was a doc and I depend on the mainstream docs for help but without alternative treatments, I would never have healed.

Love, Mikie