been told I should get enfluenza inoc, but they make me sick

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by slopok8225, Jun 28, 2008.

1. slopok8225

slopok8225 New Member

I keep getting told that I should get the enfluenza shot because my blood count is low and my immun system is jacked up. but in the past when I got it, I ended up very sick and I mean very sick! I just can't decide whether or not it is worth the pain I deal with when getting it, or just take my chances without it. Does anyone else have this same delima and if so what do you do?

Info on me: Fibro, CFS, Lupus, IBS, Major nueropathy in limbs and sciatica. Allot of others but you get the idea...
  2. slopok8225

slopok8225 New Member

They have said it would help boost my immune system and keep me from getting the flu which for some reason is big here year round. i deal with the vetarans hospital due to my issues being Gulf War related. They are about 10 years behind on all the FM?CFS stuff and so i get shafted on treatment. The funny thing is i haven't gotten the flu directly in about 10 years, but when ever i have gotten the flu shot, I ended up with the flu and it is worse than any regular flu I have ever experienced in my life. So i am really confused why they feel it is better to have it than to leave it.

As for my meaning of "My immune system is jacked up" I take so many medications 23 to be exact, that they have lowered my immunity to simple infections. I used to take 27 meds daily so don't bother asking why so many. I'm not the doctor and have no clue what they are thinking. I do know that I have an extremely vast medical history due to them giving us the PB pill during the war. I was told a little over 4 years ago that I may not live more than a couple years from then. I'm still ticking and trying to keep it that way. They are just completely stripping me of any little immune system I once had.

I will look into the grape seed as a possible solution.