Been up most of the night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, May 6, 2010.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Pain has been bad lately. Now I am not sleeping. Got a headache and my neck is now starting to hurt along with my chest and ribs. Goes from bad to worse. I got a full day ahead of me. I know by the time I have to leave I will be totally worn out. If I don't get some sleep this pain is gonna keep on increasing. Been waking up around 2 and 3 every morning. Just can't figure out this illness. Is there no end to this?
  2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I hate nights like that! Knowing you're going to have a busy day the next day and doing it all on little (if any) sleep makes it worse. It's since the increase in symptoms the last 2 yrs that I started educating myself about these DDs. I dont like what I'm finding out. Sleep aids knock me for a loop...I cant function the next day at all. I'm sorry you had a bad night. You're definitely not alone. Maybe some day there will be an end. Until then we just keep doing the best we can.
  3. loto

loto Member

So sorry you're going through that.

Do you have any muscle relaxers you can take at nite that will help you sleep?
    Or, if you don't have any, does Benadryl make you sleepy? It does me--puts me right out.
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I slept better last night. Still a lot of pain. Just gotta keep on going.
  5. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

Sounds like me. I use Benadryl. (spelling is probably wrong). 12 mg. is usually all I need. Really does help.
  6. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Oh, Sheila, I'm sorry, you are having a rough go of it lately.

Glad you slept better, but sorry you are still having pain.

Have you ever discussed with your doctor using something that works a little longer than xanax? Xanax is great for acute anxiety, but has a very short half-life. Klonopin was the "magic" medicine for me as far as sleep and pain. It has a much longer half-life but in the same family as xanax.

Just a thought. Breaking that "no-sleep-increased pain" cycle is critical. Hope you are better soon.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2010]
  7. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I take melatonin at night to sleep. I have to cut the 3mg in half but like I said Im highly sensitive to sleep aids. Ambien made me do things I wasnt aware I was doing and meds like valium and xanan will leave me drowsy for DAYS. Its hard enough trying to get anything done when youre hurting...add sleep deprivation on top of that and everything is compounded. I hope you have decreased pain. Thats my wish for you.
  8. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

My pain and stiffness is really bad. But I have become so tired lately that sleeping is not an issue anymore, atleast not right now. I have to take a nap everyday. Pain hurts in my chest, upper back,hips,knees,ankles and even under my arms. I am so tired of this. Nothing seems to help. I am frustrated and feeling overwhelmed.