Before I fire my doc. should I,,,,,,? (neuropathy)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Jun 7, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Ask him for an evaluation of my neuropathy in my arms?
    I am going to a Rheumy in July, but he might expect my doc. to have done this beforehand.

He haven't run any advanced testing at all, except some lab work and x-rays in regards to my multiple health problems. I have been dissapointed but desided to stay since he is the referring physician to my rheumy, and I need this to get Medicare to pay and accept the visit.

If I pretend I have no other health problems than neuropathy, I can say that I can push my daughters swing with dreat difficulty, I can color a picture with her for 1-2 minutes. I can hold the vaccum for short moments and have to switch between hands every so often.

I have lost 2 professions because of my neuropathy, Sport Massage Therapist and musician (made good money on both).

I found it surprising when I spent several months revisiting my doc. that he never bothered to run any testing, like nerve conduction. Why not diagnose what I have, and why? Why not medicate it to halt the progression (I am only getting worse as the years pass)?

Now, the rest I can deal with, like the hyper tension, migraines, etc., and then I hope this Rheumatologist in Seattle will giagnose me (so I can put 80% of my symptoms into a real name/ diagnosis!)

Any opinion on what my doctor should do, or what I should ask for considering my neuropathy other than a fumb x-ray that of course doesn't show compressed nerves, surprise!!! LOL! Good heavens, what is WRONG with doctors? Sorry about the attitude, but I rwally have lost my trust in the medical profession.
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

It helps alot, I need to get testing done to get to a diagnosis of what ever it is.

Interesting thing that you had trigger point pain, was it like extreme burning fire? If I do something and keep pushing it, the pain will be so severe my arms feel paralyzed from a fire pain, like someone poured acid into my veins.

Does it sound similar to your pain?