Behcet's Disease

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rocky76, May 28, 2010.

1. rocky76

rocky76 Member

Has any one ever heard of this...Behcet's Disease...

I saw it on Mystery Diagnois and it sounds just like me...

Help....Just wondering if anyone has it...

And yesterday I got diagnosed with Bleeding Ulcers...

What Next...

I'm think about renting a room at the Funeral Parlor and waiting this out..
  2. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Rocky76,

Thanks for your humor today - I really needed's quite a gift to be able to make people laugh. And you have it!

God Bless,

LEFTYGG Member

that was funny thx sorry never heard of it but dont tell me ill think i have it love gail
  4. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

yes i have heard of it , my best friend has it. Alot of the symptoms are alot like fibro, which I have. She has alot of vision problems, back pain, headaches, lots of infections, autoimmune problems mostly.She has been on methotrexate for years and has problems with insomnia, depression. IBS,sores in her mouth and genital area and many other symptoms, some very scarey.I think its a fairly rare disease, no cure.Cant think straight right now to add anything more but your post caught my eye because of my best friend does have it.God Bless
    [This Message was Edited on 06/03/2010]
  5. landrun89

landrun89 New Member

I was diagnosed with Behcet's in January 2009. My doctor prescribed hydrocort 5 mg for 5 to 7 days and is effective. The downside of hydrocort, since it is a steroid, is that it depresses the immune system making one more vunerable to viruses, diseases, etc. Behcet's is thought to be caused by an overactive immune system and in my case has symptoms of exhaustion that actually "brings me to my knees". Recently, I started intravenous gamma globulin for my immune deficiency and it has reduced attacks of Behcet's considerably and may make it one less issue for me to deal with. At least that's what I'm hoping. Good luck.

6. luvcanines

luvcanines New Member

My neurologist suspects me of it because I have several different types of mouth sores, not to mention a whole bunch of other weird symptoms. I looked it up and it sounded extremely rare, so I figured I didn't have it. Also, I don't have the genital sores you're supposed to have with this disease. What I do have are cognitive problems that are bordering on dementia (seriously). She also suspects me of Myasthenia Gravis, but she gave me these horrible potential diagnoses, and then wouldn't see me again for months. Plus I missed my appointment, because I couldn't wake up that morning (literally)--another weird problem. Sometimes I have to be pulled out of bed, and then I collapse on the floor because I'm still partially asleep. I'm also suspected of having Lyme disease by another doc., so I'm going to a Lyme Literate doc. in NY. As soon as I come back, I'm going to start a will. I'm serious. I mean, what else can I do? Sometimes you have to face the facts! What I would like to know is, how were you (pl.) diagnosed with Behcet's?
  7. Didoe

Didoe New Member

It's called Planet Depression, but we're all in the same Pro health solar system.
    I typed in Behcets tonight hoping to find someone with experience in this, because my PCP is convinced I was incorrectly diagnosed in NY by rhuematologists and the new one I'm seeing in PA seems out of touch with everything.
    I've lived with cycles of intense bacterial infections for decades, mostly couldn't "prove" anything to a doctor other than a list of odd symptoms that sounded like RA mostly, but other than sero negative RA, nothing seemed quite right. Behcet's symptoms could fit into many other anyone with Behcet already knows.
    But in '06 I thought finally the answer was found when I was diagnosed w RA & Fibro, already diagnosed w IBS....but only today, 6 yrs later, and so weak with an infection that is bad enough to make moving nearly impossible did my new doctor suddenly was like watching a light bulb go off. He turned away and just began typing like a fiend on his computer to go over symptoms, I'm like a textbook case and Behcets has some pretty embarrassing symptoms...which might be why earlier doctors would listen and shrug or think silently to themselves but then not look into things further.

Anyway, I'm kind of in shock after 6 years and a load of tests showing elevated ANA and out of whack neutrophil counts. And really tired...I hope he's right.