Being Overwhemed With Pesticides At Home..Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jordane, Apr 25, 2009.

  1. Jordane

    Jordane New Member

    Hi ,
    I was wondering if by chance any of you have come across this problem;
    To start, I live in an apartment building, and someone on my side of the building is using pesticides for their plants. The end of last summer I noticed it quite often, the reason it was the end of the summer is because we didn't move to this apartment building till the end of July.
    Anyway I never said anything to the Super at that time because being a new tenent I didn't want him to think I was a complainer. Now I don't know what to do, the pesticides make me very sick, it is probably a lower dosage of pesticides where it is personal use not commercial, but it doesn't matter it ALL makes me sick. I am Environmentally Sensitive, soaps, perfumes,strong scents,even some foods cause me to be sick, headaches.
    Do I have a right to complain to the super, to maybe get him to see if he can find who is doing it, to see if they could use something more person friendly or do I just stay off my deck. And keep my windows closed all summer. Whoever is using it isn't that far away because it is pretty strong. I may have to wear a mask in my own apartment, and not because of what we have inside, but by whats coming in.
    We cannot afford to move again, and we moved here because it has an elevator,with my pain and being sick so much the elevator is a Godsend when I need to go out, it is also close to stores and Medical Centers, my Drugstore is just across the road.
    Has anyone or anyone they know had this problem? What are my rights??

    Thank You in advance for any help you can offer!!
    Hugs, Jordane
  2. Jordane

    Jordane New Member

    That is a great idea. My Dr. also suggested I leave a note out by the main door to see if there are others here who is sensitive to the spray.
    Maybe more strength in numbers??


[ advertisement ]