Being sick is soooo boring..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by contessa, Oct 23, 2002.

1. contessa

contessa New Member

I had hoped to use this time to get my real interests back on track but having so many bad days, so much lousy dreary cold weather, so little outside contact I'm just plain sick of being sick. Now I've got a hell-of-a-lot to be thankful for during this time; wonderful, considerate, helpful husband: special friends both human and animal: relatives that have come to my aid financially. Yet every time I try to do something to help myself feel better, like exercise I end up worse. Seems I can't do anything physical anymore and I really hate losing control over my own body. Can't seem to do mental gymnastics either. I guess I'm going to have to go back to mental therapy. Need to get past this denial phase and move on to finding someway to do the things I enjoy even with my limitations. I didn't marry until I was 50! Have always taken care of myself. Somehow, without being financially responsible for myself, I have to deny myself my own pleasures and interest. Why does everything in life have to come with a price tag attached? Any one else have similiar problems with moving on to better times?
  2. contessa

contessa New Member

I had hoped to use this time to get my real interests back on track but having so many bad days, so much lousy dreary cold weather, so little outside contact I'm just plain sick of being sick. Now I've got a hell-of-a-lot to be thankful for during this time; wonderful, considerate, helpful husband: special friends both human and animal: relatives that have come to my aid financially. Yet every time I try to do something to help myself feel better, like exercise I end up worse. Seems I can't do anything physical anymore and I really hate losing control over my own body. Can't seem to do mental gymnastics either. I guess I'm going to have to go back to mental therapy. Need to get past this denial phase and move on to finding someway to do the things I enjoy even with my limitations. I didn't marry until I was 50! Have always taken care of myself. Somehow, without being financially responsible for myself, I have to deny myself my own pleasures and interest. Why does everything in life have to come with a price tag attached? Any one else have similiar problems with moving on to better times?
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

It is Boring, staying home all the time, I get some ideas of something creative to do, and then my get up , get's up and goes, and I just do the Laundry, makes me feel Like I'm doing something.

I have 3 projects for Christmas, but when I get the Fatigue that comes with the combo of FMS/MPS, I don't get much done at all.

Then I have good day's, yes I do get them ;o)
    and I go out and do something away from the house.

In Idaho I got Cabin fever, I thought I would get over that feeling, but it turns out that it was the FMS/MPS all along.

Sincerely,
    kredca4/sharon
  4. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

when I'm lying down relaxing i think of all the great projects i'll do. then i get up, and i feel like weights are pulling me to the floor or my head/back/neck is killing me!
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I do at least 3 things around the house, the boredom comes from not getting to do the Things I use to do, without Pooping out half way through it.
    I have MPS/FMS and they have a Fatigue that set's in a few hours after I have been doing something, (house work, photo albums for Christmas, setting aside things I can't use and boxing them up for the Son's Neighborhood Block sale.

I have Large Print Books, took me a whole month to read one.

It's the attention Span I think that does me in, I've always been a little Scattered in my thinking. I use to Iron, watch a Football game on TV while having another, usually NotreDame, and beable to give you the right score and lastest play, lol. No more, I may have 3 things going on, But they are in different rooms, so when I do get bored, I can go do something else for awhile.

Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  6. fibolady

fibolady New Member

and we didn't have the computers to stay connected to the real world. plus, all the information we can gather here. i used to go to the library every week, but now can research from home.

i have grandeous ideas now, guess we can still dream. just getting the "basics" done around the house take up all my energy and all week. lists are great. mine are short now, but you do feel you have accomplished something at the end of the week when many are marked off!

warm regards, fibolady
  7. contessa

contessa New Member

I use the list system also. Having attention deficient as well, I learned a long time ago that I needed a list to get things done. It also works on goal setting, and you're all correct, it does help to look at the end of the day and at least see that the dishwasher got loaded, the clothes got washed, dried and put away, and the list of outstanding bills has been updated. One every three months I do the major clean-ups, organize insurance papers and doctor bills, filing, cleaning drawers, cabinets. For the 3 hours a day I actually get on my feet I try to sneak something into my routine that will make the next day easier. What is boring are the things I've had to give up; gardening, walking, writing (can't keep words straight) and the fog. Have been losing the car lately, and can't remember where I'm at when I go to pay by check. Short days, cold weather are going to make it really hard, this will be my first winter home. Last year was warmer than usual, this year has started, colder, rainer, snower - more normal. Which means nothing going on outside. Nothing going on inside. At least I can still curl up and read a good book. And yesterday and today are sunny and pretty nice. So I'll get to ride my horse for a while. That always makes me feel better. Next week back to doctors' appts, snow, stress again.

[ advertisement ]