Bell's Palsy smile?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by anchor, Sep 28, 2008.

1. anchor

anchor Member

please look at my profile photo......

i updated my profile with a photo of my daughter's "crooked smile", which we have loved dearly for years now.

however, we have just gotten a Dx of partial facial nerve palsy - the neurologist is using Bell's palsy as the working diagnosis.....for now.

of course, i am exploring lyme disease as the cause.....would mean she has had it for years and the other Sx (migraines, etc) have been slowly sneaking in.

a recent MRI showed she was clear of any brain tumor, damage, etc.

we are awaiting some tests results - WB thru quest and this week i will get a WB thru Igenex.

let me know what you think please. i have second photo i'd like to post too - that shows her eyes too.

and BTW, we do not live in Alaska (as the photo might make you think), we live in NorCal and were on a visit to Tahoe so the kids could ski.

thnaks. lisa
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I just clicked on your profile as suggested. As I mentioned on the other Post, "Bell's Palsey" can indeed be one of the
    results of Lyme disease. I'm thankful that at least the evident facial features are seemingly limited! Such a Sweetie
    too! Have you consulted medlineplus.com for info or this con-
    diton? I'll await the 2nd photo at your convience.

Take care, you're a great Mom!
    Huggles,
    Mrdad
    [This Message was Edited on 09/29/2008]