Benedryl, Tylenol PM you need to know

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by voiceteacher, Feb 23, 2006.

1. voiceteacher

voiceteacher New Member

My pharmacist informed me and I think that you all should know that the sleepy ingrediant in benedryl, and tylenol Pm are EXACTLY the same. I am often amazed to hear how many say that they cannot use the PM but the benedryl just knocks them out.

It is possible the the histamine blocker is causing a help for some, but as a teacher I was checking up on this due to a student issue at school and was informed that this is ABSOLUTELY the case.

SO, the less expensive PM or tylenol sleep (if you want to avoid the aceteminophen) should help you just the same if you tell your brain that it will!

Here's hoping that we can all save a little bit of money this week! :)

Good luck to all!
    Voice
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

my primary doctor way back about 12 years ago..told me to take just benedryle cause of the tylenol causes damage ot liver...

i reccoemended that today, well yesterday for someone on our board...

plus my favorite most easy going dentist always reccomended that children take this 45 minutes before their filling appt...or someone that had a fear of dentist..opposed to nitrous oxide...

worked like a charm and of course they had to have someone drive them home...

my son had this before he had to have a baby tooth extracted..

jodie
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

and my PCP said it won't fight my asthma med so that's why I take it. Whatever works and whatever anyone wants to do is a personal thing and should be fine.