BenGay Pain Patches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Apr 21, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I just saw a commercial for BenGay pain patches. What I found strange was that they claim they will work for eight hours. Has anyone tried them?

nyrofan
  2. cookstove

cookstove New Member

I have tried about all of the patches out there. They are remarkable in that they do work long term--maybe not the whole eight hours for our severe pain.

But--take care if you have very thin and sensitive skin. My neurologist put me on the stronger prescription one, and it burned my skin. Did not even use it the eight hours as it burned so much. He was horrifid at the results and had never thought such a thing was possible.

I made a believer out of him though and he now insists that all of his patients try the patches out carefully.

I think it is the glue in the adhesive part of it that I am allergic too.

Think these will work well for you if you are not too allergy prone.

When you buy these things over the counter, remember to ask your doctor to write a prescription for them. Then you can deduct it as medical expenses on your taxes.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Cookstove:
    Thank you for the advice. I will heed it.

nyrofan
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

yzznan:
    I know how you feel, but the toilet bowel treatment would just be a strain on the back and neck, causing more trouble....lol........however, I am going to try these new BenGay patches.

nyrofan