Benzos and CFS How Many Take and Do They Help You?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, May 5, 2006.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Just wondering how many of you with CFS take some type of Benzos and do they help?

I have been taking Xanax for 5 years and found it to be very helpful, not a miracle by any means, but helps with anxiety, sleep and the crashes of cfs..I actually don't think I would be as functional as I am without it..But then again maybe I just think it does... I take 1/4 mg 3 to 4 times a day and on bad days I may take more..

Thanks for your input,
    greatgran
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

GreatGran:
    I find they take away the anxiety and I feel better enough to do something. It will not last long, as I have FM too.
    I take it mainly for that, but it does kind of mildly help with CFS. They do not make me sleepy.

nyrofan
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know you've seen my posts about it. I'm currently weaning off of it because of improvements I've made. I'm hoping I no longer need it but if it turns out that I do, I'll continue taking it and try to wean off later after more improvement.

Love, Mikie
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

same as Klonopin. It helped me, but when I was in Johns Hopkins for opioid addiction they took me off everything. I wish now that they hadn't. I'd like to go back on something as I have anxiety and PTSD.

Had a bad scare last week. Turned off the light...at around 1 in the morning...and there were two men standing on my porch watching me. Sent my anxiety through the roof! I'm still having problems with it.

Called 911 and had 5 cop cars here in less that 5 minutes. Didn't find the guys, though. Maybe that's why I'm still anxious.

Hope this helps.

God Bless.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have found that sleeping with my 38 Special reduces anxiety.

Love, Mikie