Best Air Purifier?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Magwheels, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Magwheels

Magwheels New Member

Looking for something that'll work for a small home.
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

it's a Hunter brand. Purchased it at Lowe's.

I think it has a HEPA filter ... aren't those supposed to be the best at removing allergens from the air?

Anyway, I really like ours .... could tell a BIG difference after we started using it!
  3. Magwheels

Magwheels New Member

Is it a pain to clean?

Anyone else?
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

The best air cleaner is purchased from a heating and A/C company and have them install an electronic air cleaner to your furnace. They are not that expensive, compared to the high-end portable air purifiers.

With the electronic air cleaners, you turn your furnace on fan only, it re-circulates the air and cleans the your entire house.

If you have any serious problem like asthma, bad allergies, etc., these are unbelievable - your air is as clean as a hospital surgical clean room. All bacteria, viruses, etc are filtered from the air.

5. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

My daughter has severe allergies and I put one in her room and she can actually sleep and be able to breathe. No more sneezing, coughing, or runny noses. It is expensive, but to clean it is so easy. You pull out the magnetic grid and wipe clean. There are no filters to replace so it will pay for itself in a little time. I swear by it. It is amazing how much allergins and odors it pulls from the air. When we lived in an apartment we didn't realize their was mold growing within the walls and when we brought our newborn daughter home for the first time she could not be in our room because she could not breathe. When we finally got her tested for allergies they said that she is allergic to mold-dust-walnut trees-grass-etc. so we immediately got out and bought our home. Our backyard is like a jungle and she started having problems again and that is when we decided to get the Ionic Breezes. They are a life saver. I no longer have to give her Benedryl. I am a very sceptical person, but this really does work like they say. Worth every penny for us. I was going thru a dose of Bendryl every 3 hours just so she could breathe and not break out in rashes. That is worth everything to me!!