best books and www access for proposed info sheet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tansy, Jun 11, 2003.

1. tansy

tansy New Member

high protein diets, why water and sea salt are important, probiotocs and digestive enzymes.

As those who have seen my earlier post will know I offered to put together some fact sheets for my GP to pass onto others.

Rather than swamp her, and them, with everything at one go; diet, sea salt, water, probiotics and digestive enzymes seemed like the best starting point.

I cannot read books at the moment so I need feedback from those who can. Clearly those books based on sound theories will be the best, we have to convince a lot of people to take all this seriously. Info like this is a good starting point.

I only want to introduce the basics myself, this will make it easier for the reader and then I want them to know where they can get more comprehensive explanations and information, hence needing to know where to direct on the web.

I'm aiming for something that is clear and doesn't look so daunting at the beginning that it puts people off. I find writing very difficult so this wil make it easier for me too.

So if any of you can help I would be so grateful. The more people we educate the better for all of us.

Thanks

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 06/11/2003]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

ProHealth has put together a nice brochure for getting info out there regarding our illnesses. I give them to my docs for their patients. The address of this website is on the brochures so that people can come here and get helpful info from the message boards and library and to be able to find high quality supplements at affordable prices.

See the first post on Page 1 of this board and order brochures.

Love, Mikie
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

I had already ordered loads of those.

This needs to be UK based as well to get people here accepting it. When I recommend a site that sells supplements I get those "oh yeah" reactions so have to spend time convincing them to look beyond what they think it's all about ie the library and message boards.

To begin with I'm concentrating on the very basics that patients can get started on immediately. Immune support's website and the info leaflets will be included but I would also like to have a list of books board users know are really helpful and web sites where patients can, if they so choose, find out more.

I want to go about it in a way that prevents too much confusion; or my GP, as good as she is, deciding this is all too much and not much handing it on.

If patients start to improve on just these then hopefully doctors will be more open to the more "controversial" treatments. Even if they cannot provide them throught the NHS they can at least encourage patients to go in the right direction.

I was so delighted when she responded to my offer with enthusiasiasm.

Cheers

Tansy
  4. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i will try to think about this over the next week

i have worn out my brain from reading the past few days and am lost , i am trying to understand more about the part our hormones are playing, as i know i am having more trouble due to begining menopause.

The book i do recommend is Teitlebaum"s *From Fatigued To Fantastic*
    and i think Dr Wilson"s book on Adrenal Fatigue is very importent.

If you put together a suggested reading list, i think these two are good

i will be in touch but am worn out today
    cheers
    pinkquartz

5. tansy

tansy New Member

I really appreciate that input.

Take care now.

Cheers

Tansy
  6. tansy

tansy New Member

I have noted down that book. I think it's unrealistic to expect my GP to read the whole book but if her patients do then there will be an exchange of info. GPs in the UK are underesourced and stretched to their limits.

She does have an understanding of how patients feel, unlike many docs, but she is as frustrated as I because it's near impossible to access a lot of treatments in this particular area. They used to refer to it as the postal code lottery. What you get in terms of health care still depends very much upon where you live. Surprisingly it's not always the affluent areas that are the best.

Cheers

Tansy

[This Message was Edited on 06/14/2003]

[ advertisement ]