best friend has LUPUS, need more info on this....

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by mk, Sep 14, 2003.

1. mk

mk New Member

My best friend just told me ,she has LUPUS , a kind of cancer.I felt uncomfortable ,asking too many questions.If you have information ,that would help me ,understand this disease,I would really appreciate it.
  2. Sassy_Pickle

Sassy_Pickle New Member

They are very awsome there you will have all your questions answered. Never heard of Lupus/Cancer tho.

Take Care
    Amber
  3. mk

mk New Member

I'll go there ,if i find out how to,Sassy how do i go there?Or anyone???
  4. Sassy_Pickle

Sassy_Pickle New Member

See on the top of the page says message boards..just click that one and it will give you the lists. Wander in on Lupus..and every1 will be there with open arms.

5. Mahaney

Mahaney New Member

I would look in the phone book under lupus. there are national orgs that have lots of info call 1-800-777-0934. this is Lupus Mid Alanctic or info@lupusmd.org
  6. CheerBear

CheerBear New Member

Hi mk, i wouldn't agree that Lupus is a kind of cancer though. It is an autoimmune disorder instead and antibodies in the body attack the body's healthy tissue. Therefore, it causes inflammation. I'm sure you have done some research on the net ever since u posted here. I too have a best friend with lupus and I understand how uncomfortable it could be to ask too many questions. I order some brochures and literature for my friend from the states and I'm sure you can help your friend in some way. Take care! If you need any help, don't be afraid to ask.