Best Probiotics???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by firefighter01, Jan 1, 2007.

1. firefighter01

firefighter01 New Member

I am a newbie to all of this and I am just looking for all the best probiotics. Also the best process for building energy levels. thanks
  2. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

I use Natren's Healthy Trinity probiotics. I get them at wholefoods market.

About the energy levels...um....the best thing to boost my energy levels are rest, trying to get good sleep, yoga/stretching, eating healthy, and eliminating sugar.

I have tried many energy enhancing supplements, such as NADH and Ginseng, but I haven't noticed and benefits. There are lots of posts on here about energy supplements.

A recent one that is getting a lot of buzz for enhancing energy is d-ribose. If you do a search on d-ribose here you'll find a lot info on it and also many people who have benefited from it.

I recently heard this quote the other day "Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, it can only be transfered."

Interesting theory.
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Welcome to the board! The only probiotic I take is by Enzymatic Therapy-probiotic pearls. My NP suggested taking them. They seemed to help after a month or so. I quit taking them for a while and now I am trying them again. Some others should have some more suggestions for you.

I guess your username implies that you are a firefighter, quite a stressful job for people with CFS/fibro. My hubby is one also. Take care, Kim :)
  4. firefighter01

firefighter01 New Member

yeah I am a firefighter and I was just getting started. Then now I am dealing with all of this crap. blah
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Sorry this is hitting you at the beginning of a new career. Stick around this board and you will find an amazing amount of information to help you out. Hope you had a Happy New Year's Day! Kim :)
  6. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

My doctor said quantity is most important in probiotics---at least 10 billion organisms per day. (This is about 10 regular capsules.) He said a variety is best.

Building energy levels---ah, that's the $1 million question, isn't it? About half the posts on this board are devoted to this subject.

The only thing I can say is to chip away at as many problems as you can. Start with Dr. Teitelbaum's "From Fatigued to Fantastic" and work your way through. "Fantastic" obviously is an exaggeration, but you should see some improvement anyway.

The things he doesn't talk about in his book are food allergies (at all) or adrenal health (in enough detail). I've started threads on those two subjects, which I can bump up for you if you like.

Since you're talking about probiotics, you may want to read my thread "Controlling Yeast" (recently bumped to the top of the board as well).

Good luck.
  7. firefighter01

firefighter01 New Member

I think I just read that post on controlling yeast. I would do anything to lift the brain fog and just maybe like a 30% or so boost in energy level.
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

They sell wonderful Probiotics here at the Pro Health store too.

I take the Acidolphullis (never can spell it) Pearls and they've worked wonderful for me and my family.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Something called I-Flora by Sedona Labs. Does NOT have to be refrigerated, which is very helpful when you're traveling. I use it every day and like it a lot.

Hugs,
    Pam