Best & Safest Ways to Detox????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by truthseeker67, Apr 8, 2003.

1. truthseeker67

truthseeker67 New Member

Greetings to all,

I have been reading through some posts here and I truly tend to get overwhelmed with the plethora of information. I would like to detox, but quite frankly I am concerned with releasing too much too quickly and ending up bedridden - if that is a possible scenario?

Plus, I am on 75mg of Zoloft per day and I take Aleeve or Ibruprofen no more than 7-10 times per week. When it gets worse I may turn to 5mg-10mg of Flexeril for a few nights. How would the herbs mix with these medications?

I look forward to any replies or suggestions. Also, if you know of a helpful book I would welcome this as well! Thank you for you time and kindness!

Peace, strength, comfort, and hope......
    Truthseeker

2. truthseeker67

truthseeker67 New Member

I will check into the products in Ogden.

Yes, I do believe the "relocation" of toxins is why all my joints and tendons hurt the most rather than my muscles. I have been checked several times for arthritis, fortunately it is "only" FM/CFS at this point.

I look forward to any other responses.

Blessings,
    Truth
  3. sb439

sb439 New Member

what toxins do you want to get rid of?

For most toxins the best way to start is to limit their intake, i.e. remove all harmful chemicals from your household (cleaners, beauty products, anything) focus on organic food, non-processed food, food without harmful preservatives and colourings, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, and the list goes on.

Or toxins produced by bacteria in your body?
    Or toxins produced by fungi (candida) in your body?
    Or toxins like heavy metals (mercury/amalgam, lead, aluminium, copper etc.)?

All these may require different means of getting rid of.

Susanne

4. truthseeker67

truthseeker67 New Member

To answer your question YES to all! I feel that I need a thorough cleansing - at least that seems to be what my body is saying to me.

Thank you for the suggestion of ridding myself of household chemicals, beauty products,and the like. When you start thinking of all that we expose ourself to it is just mind-boggling! I did start getting rid of my cleaners and scented items for my condition can no longer tolerate them. I will have to work on replacing my make-up as I run out and I am trying to eat more natural foods. Plus, I try not to take medication unless I truly have to take it.

Thanks again for your ideas!

Blessings,
    Truthseeker