Best supp. for lowering cholesterol !/thyroid help ?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Granniluvsu, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi Jam, et all,

I know i posted something like thois before and was trying to think of what wlse to use. Was it polychocenol (sp). I ran out of polysterol esters, I think tht is what it was and have been usuing flaxseed oil on the advice of someone . My choldesterol is fine but DH Trigycerides and LDL need work as they say.

He was on Red Yeaswt Rice some time ago which did help I thik but I understand it is almost like taking a drug if you take it to often so I stopped it,

Any other ideas are welcomed.

ALSO IS THERE ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HELP HYPOTHYROIDISM ? My other doc put me on Armour Thyroid which seemed to be helping me and I was happy abouat that. Now my new doc, who I do like didn't like my new labs and want me to go back on Synthroid . He said my T-3 is high and is probably caused by the AT. He also said that T3 can accummulate in people my age, so is not recommended

Thanks for any help given.

Hugz,
    Granni
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

How high is your T3, just curious? Can't really say if I feel better on AT as I never really feel good. I cannot go to my old PCP as she is now in CA. My weight is more easily controlled and possibly my b/p too but I sort of started my AT and seems to do better also along with a higher dosage of Mag. which I started about the same time. He is a fairly young doctor as was my other one. They used to have 3 docs in office that owned a partnership. Unfortunatly things are changing and I don't think much for the better.

I am wondering why my new doc says that my high T3 is probably caused by the AT and that T3 can accummilate in people my (our) age, so that it is not recommended. So, what is to much of T3 supposed to cause anyway?

My overall cholesterol is 141, triglycerides 64 and HDL 53 and DH's are 196,162, and 41. It is hard for him to cut down on meat but he says he will try harder :)!!!

TTYL ! Granni
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

for cholesterol other than fish oil and flaxseed oil. We were taking polysterol esters I think it was and then I ran out of them and wanted to see what was going on. DH can use some help but not me. My glucose is also 88 and DH was 105. We eat almost the same stuff except I eat less meats. I eat little or no sugar and I buy low or no sugar stuff occasionally.

If I am reading your numbers correctly t looks like you have a higher T3 than I. This is crazy.

Well, I have to go do some other stuff now. Thanks for your info. TTYL !!

Granni
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I'll check it out ! Granni