Best Thanksgiving Ever

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hawkeye, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I just wanted to tell you all what happened to me today!

My oldest son who is 21 years old is in the Marine Corp. He is just finishing his work training in Camp Lejune, NC.
    We live in Iowa and he of course said that since he graduates from his training in 2 weeks they are not allowing anyone in his unit to come home for Thanksgiving.
    I was accepting of this but so upset because we are so close, our family is so close and this is the first holiday that we have ever been apart. I was putting on a brave face for the my other two sons.

I was sitting at my sisters house playing with my 10 month old great nephew with the rest of my family sitting around me and guess who walked in the back door! My son!! He tricked me and has had his ticket for over a month! I cried like a little baby! Scared my little great nephew to death, he of course thought something was terribly wrong...it just made a truly special day even more special.

I will always treasure this as my best Thanksgiving ever..

I hope you all had a wonderful day also!

Hugs,
    Karen
  2. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

Such a beautiful Thanksgiving gift from your son!!

I bet you are just tickled pink!

Theresa
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Karen:

That is wonderful. My sister tricked me once when I was visiting her in Florida. The doorbell rang and she asked me to get it.

Of course I got a little peeved, but went and opened the door. My nephew! Back from Afgansistan! I was so happy.

I do not like to tell this story, because he was like my son and unfortunately he was killed by a road exposion when he went back.

That just leaves my sister and me.

So, i am so glad you, for whatever reason, you had that precious time. I am so happy for you. hold onto that joy!

nyrofan
  4. netnut

netnut New Member

Your post brought such happy memories to me.

My son has been in the Marines for almost 4 years now. We have not had many of the holidays actually spent on the exact days with him. He always works over Christmas but comes home over New Years.

Thankfully for us, he has been stationed only 5 hours away from where we live for his entire 4 years so we have been able to see him fairly often.

He is due to get out soon. This is good news because we all just found out he is going to have a baby in July.
  5. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

Karen, this is GREAT!!!

After reading about your experience with the jerky doctor this is EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEEDED AND DESERVE.

ENJOY!

Love,
    cristine04
  6. cathugs

cathugs New Member

How wonderful for you.That was like having Thanksgiving
    and Christmas all rolled into one. Will you give him a
    "Thank You" and a "God Bless !' from me? (((cathugs)))
  7. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

that was a great suprise. im happy for you.

nyro fan your story made me so sad i want all the boys home. you sure have had more than your share of sorrow. you are so stong to be able to speak of it love gail