Best things for brain fog?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Dec 12, 2005.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Has anyone discovered anything that has helped lift the brain fog/spaciness?

My doc said the brain was the last thing to come back... but I don't think I can wait that long..

cheers
    Delia
  2. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

that you search for a post by Moosesmom, called - is there anything that will help the fog. There were a range of good suggestions.

Hope you find something that will help.
    Robyn
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I'll check out that post by Moosesmum.
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

fogs have all but vanished. Just occasional problems with it anymore.
    I also stay current on the news and I read a lot, and alot of poetry. I also SINGGGG around the house and so have to remember words, or I look up the lyrics online. Keeping a calendar in clear view and a dictionary helps too. As far as other herbs etc I don't know.
  5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

fogs have all but vanished. Just occasional problems with it anymore.
    I also stay current on the news and I read a lot, and alot of poetry. I also SINGGGG around the house and so have to remember words, or I look up the lyrics online. Keeping a calendar in clear view and a dictionary helps too. As far as other herbs etc I don't know.
  6. millennia

millennia New Member

Omega 3 has helped my brainfog so much. I can't even tell you. If I run out and don't take it for a while, I feel myself start to slip back into the foggy way. I wouldn't be half as capable as I am without Omega 3 supplements.
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Brain fog, what brain fog? I can concentrate very Oh look a chicken!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  8. damz68

damz68 New Member

Fish oil. I took it for a month and if it helped I really did not notice, but many people swear by it. I took 3 a day and it caused nasty acid reflux.

If you decide to take it but cant stand the fishy burps put them in the freezer. The frozen pill will not break down until it reaches the gut. You will notice a huge differance doing this but maybe that is why they did not work for me. However my doc swears that freezing them has no effect on the outcome.
  9. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Actually, I do take mega doses of Omega 3 and 6 oils..in a formulation called VegEPA that I get from England.

I take 8 capsules a day.. and it definitely helped in the beginning... with the energy mostly...

But I have noticed that since I gave up work, my brain has atrophied. It's like if I don't use it.. it hibernates or atrophies.. and then when I need it.. it takes ages to get up to speed again.

Cheers
    Delia
  10. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

Why not try doing crossword, or other word puzzles, dayly, to keep your mind active.

I know of an FM friend who finds this useful.

All the best.
    Robyn.
  11. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I think you're right... My CFS doc recommended I try neuro-biofeedback or some such thing...and I think it's nothing more than daily brain exercises.

I'm sure a crossword would work just as well.

Thanks
    Delia