Best type of calcium/magnesium for gastric issues??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Jan 12, 2007.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Has anyone researched which type of the above is less likely to speed up your bowels, causing problems for those with digestive issues?

Citrate/Carbonate/etc.

Thanks & HEALING LIGHT************carole
  2. wentworth228

wentworth228 New Member

I thought I had tried everyone known to man. I have IBS. The constipation of most supplements creates diarrhea behind it. Arthritis Today this month's issue had an article on calcium and mentioned Posture D(calcium phosphate) which is not gassy and also contains magnesium and Vit D. I am attempting to calibrate it by cutting it in half. I have noticed some constipation, but so far it is not too bad. The guy at Walgreens says it is their best seller.
    If you can drink milk, which I can"t, or eat greens that is the best way.
    I spoke with an independent researcher when I was going to try calcium hydroxypate(sp?) (which has a lot of issues including mad cow disease) and his comment was calcium is calcium. Magnesium is good for fibro, but unfortunately it is a laxative, so I can't take a lot of it. It helps your muscles to recover. Magnesium and malic acid is the first thing Drs subscribe (even allopathic ones).
  3. wentworth228

wentworth228 New Member

I thought I had tried everyone known to man. I have IBS. The constipation of most supplements creates diarrhea behind it. Arthritis Today this month's issue had an article on calcium and mentioned Posture D(calcium phosphate) which is not gassy and also contains magnesium and Vit D. I am attempting to calibrate it by cutting it in half. I have noticed some constipation, but so far it is not too bad. The guy at Walgreens says it is their best seller.
    If you can drink milk, which I can't, or eat greens that is the best way.
    I spoke with an independent researcher when I was going to try calcium hydroxypate(sp?) (which has a lot of issues including mad cow disease) and his comment was calcium is calcium. Magnesium is good for fibro, but unfortunately it is a laxative, so I can't take a lot of it. It helps your muscles to recover. Magnesium and malic acid is the first thing Drs subscribe (even allopathic ones).
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I take calcium lactate, because it is easiest on my stomach, and is highly absorbable. It doesn't give me gas or anything else. But I don't have IBS or intolerance to dairy.

It is weak, so I take a lot of pills, but it's worth it.

For magnesium, I take magnesium asporotate, because is the most absorbable kind I have found.

Forebearance
    [This Message was Edited on 01/12/2007]