Best way to get B vitamins?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pezbemine, Jul 17, 2003.

1. pezbemine

pezbemine New Member

I am newly diagnosed and my doctor is starting me with massage, meditation and an anti-inflammatory. I am already on an anti-depressant and have tried many, many different medications.

I have the cuts in my mouth y'all have talked about plus the usual aches and pains of FM. Can anyone recommend a B-complex product that works well. What other vitamins, minerals would you recommend?

Thanks all.
  2. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi and welcome aboard, about your question if your thinking about sarting B-complex vitamins, try to use products that do not colors, addictives. I usually get mine at a local health store. Also make sure the various B vitamins are in what is called a 1:1 ratio, otherwise they compete for absorption in the instestines. When you start take with a full glass of water and not on an empty stomach. Some people experience nausea or an upset stomach when starting out that is why you want food in your stomach. This also aids in absorption. Check with your Doctor about what dose is appropriate for you , everyone is so different and they come in various strengths (mg). Also you probably will want to take vitamin c as well this adds in absorption too. Hope this was a little helpful, if you need more help do a search on the library on the top of the baord under Vitamin B, there are probably some helpful articles.
    LOL
    Suz
  3. lilalou

lilalou New Member

Hi, I found a great vitamin B-12 vitamin supplement including B-6 and Folic Acids, tablet that dissolves in your mouth or under your tongue, it dosent upset your stomach, its called TRIVITA, I have been taking it now for 2 weeks and what a bifferance it has made,Iam a fibro sufferer, also, but the B-12 has helped with mouth sores and my energy leavel, Good luck Delila

Edited; Removed URL (Web address) by Moderator
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. Glad you have found us.

The B vitamins that I have found to be the best and do not upset my stomach are; 'Ultra B-Complex' sold here at Pro Health. Just go to the 'Store' link at the top right of this page and you can read more about them, or order if you like.

I also take 'Pro Energy'(Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate) for energy and pain and brain fog.

ZMA (zinc, magnesium and B-6) for deep sleep, pain, spasms, and RLS. This is a Godsend for deep sleep.

All three of these products are from Pro Health, they have the finest products I know of, and I have been taking their products before I came on this board.

Its been proven that most people with FM/CFS are deficient in magnesium which is necessary for healing muscles, and over three hundred other functions in our bodies.

Its really a must for us to take at least 350-400 milligrams of magnesium a day.

I have had FM for over twenty years, and have seen a marked improvement in the last few years since taking Pro Energy and ZMA (ZMA I have been taking for 17 months, and am now sleeping soundly for 7-8 hours a night).

The only med that I take is low dose Xanax at night for racing brain syndrome. I take no pain meds, or antidepressants. I am allergic to most prescribed meds anyway.

HOpe this helps, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask, there is always someone here to help you if they can.

Again, welcome to the board!

Shalom, Shirl

PS. Would you mind reading our 'Messageboard Rules' on the leftside of this screen, and the 'New to the Boards? Click Here' printed in blue. It will help you navigate the boards as well know the board rules. Thank you.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/18/2003]
  5. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

I hope this board helpd you as it did me. The fact your DR is already focusing on stress reduction/management as well as minimum meds. I, too,feel Natural as much as possible (will one day proven best!) I have started B-complex treatment around 2mnths ago. I feel less toxic and some pain is more tollerable so i think they r helping.I also added Propel by Gatorade to my liquid intake.water is VERY important,Propel has a small amount of Vits that are recommended and w/high heat i feel I am helping myself. Good Luck & Peace, Ez
  6. bent_wind

bent_wind New Member

Hello, I'm new here too. I have had great success with Carlson brand "Super 75" B-Vitamins. I take two each morning.

Cheapest way to purchase these, if you're interested, is to take a stroll to your local health food store (the prices online are more expensive).

Here's more info:

<a href="http://www.carlsonlabs.com/productdetail.phtml?prodid=00105">Super-75</a>

These are not gimmick tablets either. I have a friend who swears that these B Vitamins played a part in her cancer disappearing.

Who really knows... But these are what I would recommend, at least.

Best,

Jeff