Betty Hutton. A little brightness for the darkness of the time change.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gapsych, Nov 6, 2010.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

It's been ages since I've been over here, crazy times interspersed with the SOS with this DD. Long story.

I am throwing my usual hissy fit about the time change. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I only allow myself to wallow about this for a day, unless you count the following week where I am constantly saying, "It's really not _____ o"clock but ______ o'clock. Friends tend to avoid me when I do this.

A friend of mine sent the following video as she knows how I get this time of year. It will either cheer you up, put you on system overload or give you a migraine.

I have always liked Betty Hutton. In this clip, I think she kind of looks like Joan Cusack. Anyone younger than 55, probably aren't even aware who she is.

Are there really people like the character BH plays? I don't know whether to envy or pity them.

Watch at your own risk!!!

2. victoria

victoria New Member

My DH is one of them, usually....
    he does it purposely just to get his blood circulating, LOL...

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

My condolences!!! I'm sure he is a very nice man in other respects. I am not a morning person.

4. victoria

victoria New Member

Even as a kid, my parents knew not to expect me to say anything much in the morning, I was pretty speechless/half-asleep. Being a parent changes one in that respect, but, I'm still not a morning person. LOL.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I always have. I'll have to check it out.

I also hate the time changes. Most of us no longer depend on school children to tend our farms, so the changes make no sense. I don't care whether they leave it on Standard Time or Daylight Time, just leave it all year round. I'm getting crotchety in my old age and don't take kindly to change.

Love, Mikie