Beverages that WON'T irritate my tummy?? HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starmom, Apr 17, 2006.

1. starmom

starmom New Member

I like coffee and tea. Even some herbal teas. I LOVE to drink water.

Lately, no matter what, I have diarrhea. It is from the meds and IBS. Drinking coffee or my fav Earl Grey tea makes me have stomach cramps. I could live on these and lots of water if my tummy did not hurt after. My tummy hurts/acts up even after WATER!!

I can drink soda, though I hate to. I am allergic to ALL artificial sweeteners and most food colorings. This lets out everything but fruit juice (some of which is tolerable).

Weight is a MAJOR issue with me. I desparately want and need to lose some. I also need to stay hydrated.

Any suggestions for beverages that will not irritate my tender tummy and are not as high in calories as fruit juice and soda?

Thanks

Susie
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Is mint tea okay for you, starmom?

I used to like to drink it very strong and chilled, mixed with stevia. As good as lemonaide.

Is a mild lemon water okay?

Hope you'll find something good!
    (( )) Shannon
  3. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I have found that ginger tea really helps me when I have an upset stomach.

It is in the organic isle at my supermarket - the brand I use is "Yogi Tea". I think its ginger and lemon.

Taste is good, no caffeine to worry about.

I also use an acidophilus probiotic to help with intestinal tract health. You can find it in pill form, or there is a liquid (strawberry or blueberry - they have banana too but I hate banana) that you can buy at a health food store and you keep it refrigerated.

Hope this helps,
    Hugs,
    Madame Curie