Beware of Spammers On Our Boards

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is obvious that some offshore spammers (their posts don't make sense in English and some are posted in foreign languages) are using our website to sell, or worse. If you encounter such a post, please click on Report and you will remain anonymous but we can follow up.

Under no circumstances, click on the links or URL's in their posts. It is against the rules to post them, especially when trying to use our site to sell. It can also be dangerous because going to an unknown site can place a virus in your computer.

Thank you all who have reported these spammers. It makes our jobs so much easier. I found nine spammers all using one Internet Service Provider. They have been banned but it's like Whack A Mole, more are likely to pop up in their place. Again, thank you for helping us to keep our site safe for all our members.

Love, Mikie
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Is for to seeing spammers more then alert must we eternal. Firmly whack-a, whack-a;
    Vigilant and wary ever to.

Just reported another one. Tuesday; 6-17-14; 2:50 AM.

Rock
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks, Rock, really appreciate it from you and all our other vigilant members.

You have a real talent for the verbage these guys are using. Do they think we will click on a link in a post which makes no sense? Probably some do. We have a column in our newspaper outing scammers and it's amazing how many people fall for the scams, even after the columnist has written about the exact scam in the recent past. Most of these scams come in snail mail. I've visited Seniors on sales calls and am amazed at what "rule" followers they are. If they get a letter telling them to send money, many will. I've had my computer's hard drive crashed and gotten viruses, the latter simply by going to a website which appeared to be legit. I didn't give them any info or buy anything. Just by clicking on the website, it placed the virus on my computer. They design viruses faster than the antiviral protection can keep up. Now, I only click on websites which my safe search tells me are OK to go to.

Thanks again, everybody. You guys are great!!! :)

Love, Mikie