Bextra and Asthma

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Aug 23, 2002.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I haven't seen any posts about this, so I wanted to post about my recent experience with Bextra. I never had asthma before in my life, I'm one of these people who rarely ever coughs, but since my doctor gave me Bextra, I seem to have developed chronic asthma :( I have read that there is a link between any of those NSAIDS and asthma. I've since stopped taking the drug, but I still have the asthma. I keep hoping it will go away, but so far, it hasn't. I really don't know what to do about it except take asthma medication :( I'm sorry I ever tried the drug, but I keep trying pain meds and they just don't work :(

TeaBisqit
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I haven't seen any posts about this, so I wanted to post about my recent experience with Bextra. I never had asthma before in my life, I'm one of these people who rarely ever coughs, but since my doctor gave me Bextra, I seem to have developed chronic asthma :( I have read that there is a link between any of those NSAIDS and asthma. I've since stopped taking the drug, but I still have the asthma. I keep hoping it will go away, but so far, it hasn't. I really don't know what to do about it except take asthma medication :( I'm sorry I ever tried the drug, but I keep trying pain meds and they just don't work :(

TeaBisqit
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction. My brother had asthma and I know how bad it can be.

I sure hope it just leaves you like it came.

You take care,

Shalom, Shirl
  4. herekitty

herekitty New Member

I have asthma, and have tried Bextra. Mercifully, the Bextra doesn't trigger an asthma attack, but it does give me a wicked headache....Wonder how long it will be on the market...
    Kitty =^..^=
  5. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

My pain doc is pushing me to take Bextra with the GI's okay.

I am worried about side effects. Looks like I should be.
    I can always hope for the best ( :

Lynda B.