Bicycling?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Oct 16, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I am thinking of buying a real outdoor bicycle, I am thinking this may be the answer to my being so inactive, I tend to tire out easily and walking is not good as I wear myself out if I am on my feet too much.

Any thoughts on bicycling, have any of you tried it?

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I am thinking of buying a real outdoor bicycle, I am thinking this may be the answer to my being so inactive, I tend to tire out easily and walking is not good as I wear myself out if I am on my feet too much.

Any thoughts on bicycling, have any of you tried it?

Jaci
  3. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

I do not have an outdoor bicycle at this time, but I used to ride. I still do, only in my living room, on a stationary recumbent bike. If at all possible, see if you can afford a recumbent bicycle. It is more like sitting in a chair. My stationary model has a wide flat cushioned seat, that my whole bootie fits on rather comfortably(Gosh-those regular bike seats are a pain in the you-know-where!), and it has a large, wide padded back rest. Just like sitting in a chair. the position takes strain off my butt, back, and knees. I cannot tolerate traditional stationary bikes. If I can afford one, I am going to get a street version of the recumbent. However, if a regular bike is still for you, do invest in a larger, wider, padded seat. Good luck!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2002]