BIG BOO-BOO!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Sep 17, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I was reading a post last night written by one of my good friends on this board and it could've been written by me. It had to do with our spouses, ex spouses, family, etc. causing unintentional pain to us and not understanding when we tell them that their shoulder taps and back pats hurt. I thought that showing him this post would FINALLY make my husband see that I wasn't overreacting and overdramatizing and that I was not the only person who felt this way.......SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS!!! Lesson to myself: do not tell anyone about what this site is about!!!!!!!!
    Now, my husband thinks we are "a bunch of complaining women who have daily online pity-parties". He believes I should start an online prayer site instead of wasting my time here. I wanted to say that this site also did just that every week, but I said nothing!
    Sorry....shouldn't have said a word~~thought I'd learned this LONG ago! He just won't accept this as a REAL problem. He thinks I just don't take care of myself. It's all about what I do wrong...not what I seem to be unable to control!!
    Love and health,
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 09/17/2002]
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I was reading a post last night written by one of my good friends on this board and it could've been written by me. It had to do with our spouses, ex spouses, family, etc. causing unintentional pain to us and not understanding when we tell them that their shoulder taps and back pats hurt. I thought that showing him this post would FINALLY make my husband see that I wasn't overreacting and overdramatizing and that I was not the only person who felt this way.......SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS!!! Lesson to myself: do not tell anyone about what this site is about!!!!!!!!
    Now, my husband thinks we are "a bunch of complaining women who have daily online pity-parties". He believes I should start an online prayer site instead of wasting my time here. I wanted to say that this site also did just that every week, but I said nothing!
    Sorry....shouldn't have said a word~~thought I'd learned this LONG ago! He just won't accept this as a REAL problem. He thinks I just don't take care of myself. It's all about what I do wrong...not what I seem to be unable to control!!
    Love and health,
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 09/17/2002]
  3. Bunnylover

Bunnylover New Member

Hi Kady, I feel just like you. My husband is a great man and understands a lot about my illness but he forgets and when he pats I just remind him that those spots are off limits and remind him about me touching his shoulder when his bursitis acts up. My husband has never been a one to show affection and I love it now that he does but lots of times I just let it pass. He thinks I complain to much so I come here,mostly to read and to know someone else has same problems. I tell him just to be gentle and keep reminding him all the time. Gentle Hugs Terri
  4. totteacher

totteacher New Member

I can tell you really feel bad about that conversation with your husband. I'm sorry that happened to you. Sometimes, spouses just don't understand how important it is for women to talk out their problems and get validation from each other. You and I know that this is a super web site and a blessing. And its not just sitting around and complaining! Like you said, there is an ongoing prayer site and on chit chat you never know what kind of silliness is going on. And its truly great to talk about a problem and have others join in and say yes, I KNOW (for real!) what you mean. I am always so grateful for understanding and info. Please don't let his negative attitude deter you from coming to this site. In one of the books I'm reading it said "we are an FMamily"
    and that is so true.

You take care,
    Linda