Big Bump next to my ear.. Is this a gland??? Pls. Help..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Friends, I def. over did it this week. Now I guess I am paying. I have had horrible PMS (cramps and breast pain) it feels like a mild form of when I had a hemmoragic cyst. I have terrible pain in my right ankle (killing me).

Anyway... I am exhausted, as you could guess and I just noticed, behind my left ear is a big lump. It sticks out and is hard, it feels/is the size of a Big Peanut M&M. Very sore when touched.

I guess I am starting my flare, but what is this? Is it a gland? Should I not worry about it? Any thoughts/advice?

Hugs
    KIm
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2006]
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks for your response. I was also reading about EBV and mono. I have EBV, so it might be a flare with the Fibro... Really stinks.

Thanks
    KIM
  3. sweetpea48

sweetpea48 New Member

It sounds like a swollen lymph node to me, and if it's sore, that means an infection. At that location could be ear, maybe sinus.

Check elswhere on your body, such the back of your neck, in your armpits, just under the jaw, groin for others.
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks sweetpea - I do not feel any others so far and yes it is very sore. Would I need antibiotics for that. In your opinion, not holding you to anything...
    Hugs
    Kim
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks Jill and back atcha',,
    I pushed on it and felt it a bunch - now my entire neck hurts.... wish I had "read" from you sooner :) OUCH!

SO - this may just be part of my flare up then?? IS that what you are thinking? Were you sick when yours (and sons) came up? Sorry so many questions..

Thanks a bunch!
    Kim
  6. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks again Jill. Okay... will not touch anymore!! I know I have a hemoragic cyst right now, that has had me doubled over all day soooo.... that's keeping my mind off that darn thing for now. Not a good day!
    Hugs
    Kim