Big Crash Put in the hospital

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teller7, Mar 4, 2007.

1. teller7

teller7 New Member

I've had the worst crash. Just like when I first got sick. The doctor put me in the hospital. All vitals fine. Couldn't walk at all, my battery was just plain dead. After 3 days they put me in the nursing home to start extensive physical therapy to get my strength back. We all know what that would have done. They admitted that my problem was way over their heads and they really didn't know what to do for me. Denial again from the medical profession about CFS. After 1 night in the nursing home my hubby sprung me. I came home and rested and got back to my regular normal. Normal for us sucks doesn't it. Next time I have a huge crash like this one I'm NOT going to the drs. I'll just ride it out on the couch like I do all the other crashes. For Trevor 1 - this one was really bad. Hope you don't get them like this. I wouldn't wish this DD on my worst enemy.
    Carol
  2. SleepyMama

SleepyMama New Member

That really sucks! I've never had a doc take me seriously enough to hospitalize. I have felt like I should be though. I've been spending all my time at the hospital this week anyways with my son :( I feel a mega crash coming on, just hope I can keep myself together until Tarok's home.
    *Hugs* to you and hope you're feeling better.
  3. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am so sorry you had such a rough time. Hope you are doing better now. I try to ride things out too. It is a waste of our time and money to even bother going to the DR.
  4. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Sorry you had such a rough time. I have fibro and went to the emergency room for the first time last week. None of my pain meds were getting it for me and I thought I was dying. I have had three kids and the pain never came close to what I went thru. We live out in the boons and I went to a very small hospital. They got me right in and gave me a shot and some pills and had my husband drive me home. No tests were done at all which I found kind of weird. I told them I had fibro and that was it. I was afraid to go thinking they wouldn't do anything for me. I am glad for the one night of relief that I got. I will go again if I need to. My sister has Lupus and she never gets questioned when she goes to the hospital. They just get some cortisone in her quick. Home is our comfort zone though, I agree with you there. If they can't help us then staying home is our only option.
  5. nightngale

nightngale New Member

about your awful night. I have a question. When you guys say you are having this awful pain, where is it? My worst pain is in my legs, my arms generally feel achy and have been gettng real weak lately but my legs are the things that hurt and oh my neck but that is usually from sitting at computer, the arm and neck thing being new, the leg thing getting worse. I take tramadol and if I don't get it in fast enough I feel like crying from the pain.
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

I am sorry that you were put through so much, as if you were not being put through enough already. Hospitalized, then to the nursing home? Sometimes thats where I feel like I need to be. I'm 29, but feel so helpless at times and just don't feel like doing anything. Glad you are back home now. I hope you get to feeling a lot better soon and are able to get back to normal, which I know, isn't all that great either. Best of luck and HUGS!!!

Kriket