big relapse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosa, Mar 28, 2003.

1. rosa

rosa New Member

Hi, Im new to this chat but old timer to cfids. Have had it for 12 years, I could answer on most subjects concerning us. But I had this wonderful remission of 2 years!!!! I thought i was relatively healed(I still took meds and wasnt like a normal healthy person) but it felt normal and healthy compared to the hellish previous 10 years! The night I declined into the relapse, I was driving home from work(yeah, I could work!) and I had been feeling lousy for a couple days. As I was driving I felt like I was going to faint. Then a few moments later I KNEW I was going to faint. I was in a dangerous area of Atlanta and I managed to pull into a liquor store parking lot. I didnt even make it all the way out of the car. I came to flat on my back in the parking lot. The security guard called the ambulance. But just as freaky was that I didnt have the streghth to move a muscle for hours! Now, as I feel day to day like I used to, I cant move my arms or hands if I do too much. Needless to say I try not to get to that point. Anyone else out there have stories about fainting, paralysis-like weakness or relapses?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Rosa, just wanted to welcome you to the board. I don't have CFS, but Fibro.

So just stopped to welcome you, and am glad to hear nothing more serious has happened to you! You must have done some fast thinking to pull in a parking lot and not try to continue driving. I know we do have guarding Angles!

If your post goes to the botton of the page, try to keep it 'bumped' up, the board is slow on the weekends, and I know others with CFS will like to welcome you, and share their experiences too.

So sorry your normal stretch of time has ended, and do hope you return to good health very soon.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

3. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

I am new here as well, great place to be. Really helps having a place where you can talk to people and not have to explain yourself or apoligize for some reason for being in this mess of an illness. For some reason not many people know much about these diseases.

Like Shirl said, you did some really fast thinking! That sounds like a major setback, it really hit you hard all at once. Just knocked the door plumb down and never bothered to even knock did it?

Hope you are feeling better, Hugs.......Pam
  4. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

Hey Rosa!

Just wanted to say hello to ya, and even though I have FM, I wanted to tell you about my paralysis encounter. There were a couple times that (during a "bad year") I wouldn't be able to get up out of bed. The only thing I could do was move my head from one side to the other and only VERY slowly. I sometimes couldn't even move my arms. Me personally, I work in cycles--2 years fewer symptoms, pretty much a "normal" then 1 year flares from H-E-double-hockey-sticks. I hate these illnesses. Why did we all have to be the "lucky" ones to get this. Oh, well. God only gives us what we can handle, I just wish he didn't have so much faith in me sometimes! LMAO!!

Friends in Fibro,

~~Tara~~